Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Tool Purchase Ethics?

Returning tools may be done all the time, but it doesn't mean you have to
bring yourself down to other people's level. There's a big difference
between being poor and being poor and unethical. At least the former can
still hold his head high.

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 14:45:23 -0600, "J.A. Michel"
wrote:

If you're asking, then you know it's wrong. Buy the tool and use it,

sell
it on ebay when you're done. 60 bucks ain't squat when you roll it on to
the cost of your project. I have recently spent about $800.00 on various
tools that I need for a large upcoming project. The investment in the

right
tool for the job is peanuts compared to hiring the work done. And, yes,

plan on keeping all the tools I bought and using them for years to come.

I already have more tools than I can shake a stick at. I will never
use the crimper again. The best solution so far is to look around for
a used one on the local swap shop or something like that and then
resell it the same way. Buying on eBay and shipping that tool across
the country isn't economical. Yes 60 bucks is something to me - 2
weeks groceries for example. I'm retired on a very limited income.
Fortunately I am a pretty good handyman and can fix just about
anything. That idea about buying and returning the tool came from
another customer and discussed infront of a HD salesman. The HM guy
said it is done all the time. The packaging looked it. Didn't faze
him.