Posted to alt.home.repair
baprior

Default Whirlpool washer won't drain or spin...Help! I need to wash my clothes!

Our not-too-old Whirlpool washer won't drain or spin...just holds the
water and will agitate if the dial is moved back. Any ideas? Please
help us think fast...if we can't fix it we're liable to buy a new one
this weekend.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier

Maybe something with the door switch. Some models will not drain or
spin unless the door switch is closed, but will still agitate with the
door open. Check to see if its broken or stuck. Or,if your handy you
can bypass it temporarily. But only if you know what yuour doing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

With it on a cycle where it should be draining or spinning, press the button
for the door down with a pencil eraser or something else that will fit in
the hole. If that works, you can rig something up to make the plunger on
the door itself a little longer. That will carry you until you have a
chance to replace the switch itself.

"baprior" wrote in message
oups.com...
Our not-too-old Whirlpool washer won't drain or spin...just holds the
water and will agitate if the dial is moved back. Any ideas? Please
help us think fast...if we can't fix it we're liable to buy a new one
this weekend.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Veritas

"baprior" wrote:

Our not-too-old Whirlpool washer won't drain or spin...just holds the
water and will agitate if the dial is moved back. Any ideas? Please
help us think fast...if we can't fix it we're liable to buy a new one
this weekend.

Mine did that recently. It was the timer - the contact that puts the
motor into spin mode had burned up. Cost $100 for a new timer.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

baprior wrote:
Our not-too-old Whirlpool washer won't drain or spin...just holds the
water and will agitate if the dial is moved back. Any ideas? Please
help us think fast...if we can't fix it we're liable to buy a new one
this weekend.

Hi,

No model# posted....but if the lid switch or lid switch probe is broken
on some WLP washers the washer will fill and agitate but will go dead
in the drain and spin modes.

http://www.applianceaid.com/dd_lidswitch.html
http://www.applianceaid.com/procedures.html
Something that may help.