Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool washer won't drain or spin...Help! I need to wash my clothes!

With it on a cycle where it should be draining or spinning, press the button
for the door down with a pencil eraser or something else that will fit in
the hole. If that works, you can rig something up to make the plunger on
the door itself a little longer. That will carry you until you have a
chance to replace the switch itself.

"baprior" wrote in message
oups.com...
Our not-too-old Whirlpool washer won't drain or spin...just holds the
water and will agitate if the dial is moved back. Any ideas? Please
help us think fast...if we can't fix it we're liable to buy a new one
this weekend.