Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Free floor plan design software

Happy New Year!

We have just released the beta version of a new floor design plan
software and would like your feedback.

MavericksPlan ( Beta 1) is now available for download at:
http://www.mavericksplan.com

The product is very easy to use, and the website also includes a demo
and tutorial video which you can find at:
http://www.mavericksplan.com/maveric...an_beta_1.html

Thank you for helping us to test the product. Please send your
feedback to

Our best regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

I was tempted to try this software as it looks like a good plan,
but, IMO, a Beta that stops working then end of March isn't
acceptable to me; I do the analysis, but get nothing for my
effort that way. It should be a two way street with a reward at
the end of the street which also isn't mentioned in any way that
I could find.

Pop

wrote in message
oups.com...
: Happy New Year!
:
: We have just released the beta version of a new floor design
plan
: software and would like your feedback.
:
: MavericksPlan ( Beta 1) is now available for download at:
: http://www.mavericksplan.com
:
: The product is very easy to use, and the website also includes
a demo
: and tutorial video which you can find at:
:
http://www.mavericksplan.com/maveric...an_beta_1.html
:
:
: Thank you for helping us to test the product. Please send your
: feedback to
:
: Our best regards,
:

Posted to alt.home.repair
maverick

Hello,
We just removed the March 31 2006 termination date.
We look forward for you feedback.
Best Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
maverick

Hello,
April 2006 for Beta 2.
At http://www.mavericksplan.com/mavericks/beta1/MK.htm there is a
roadmap with the feature list for the next betas.
Your feedback are welcome.
Best Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
maverick

Thank you,
April 2006 for Beta 2.
At http://www.mavericksplan.com/mavericks/beta1/MK.htm the is a page
thal list the features we are looking to incorporate in Beta 2.
Your feedback are welcome.
Best Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

"maverick" wrote in message
ups.com...
: Hello,
: We just removed the March 31 2006 termination date.
: We look forward for you feedback.
: Best Regards,
:

Hmm, that's an interesting development; and unexpected, too.
Sure, I'll give you a hand.

If I go back to the site, do you have a common collection point
for input from users? Or are you thinking you can get it all off
this group? IF that info's part of the download, don't worry
about it - I'll find it. A ng isn't the best place to collect
data though; if you get very much feedback you'll rile some
people and the value of the feedback will quickly become suspect.

I'm ass-u-me-ing you're at least half way serious about this,
right? I'll be happy to help out, long's it doesn't stop working
unexpectedly on me.

BTW, from your roadmap, this is really more of a pre-release
Beta, prior to the Beta, or maybe even at Alpha - technically.
One of the dangers of your current plan (Beta 1, 2, 3 etc)
is the number of things in 1 that 2 may break, and so on down the
line. Normally a Beta is a complete implementation before it's
released. Then you go to pre-release and onward from there.

Good luck

Pop

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

"maverick" wrote in message ups.com...
: Hello,
: We just removed the March 31 2006 termination date.
: We look forward for you feedback.
: Best Regards,
:

Sorry: I retract my offer of assistance. Your Rights to use are unreasonable plus you have not in reality removed the termination date. I specifically will not adhere to points 1 and 3 because of the construction of the sentences; they are poorly and improperly formed.
"

{ If you would like a paid, contractual analysis of applicability etc., you may, however, hire me by announcing your preference here in the group. I'll give you a temporary address to contact me at, for the prelims and setup. If, upon successful completion, it is to my advantage, I would accept a license and up to three updates or upgrades as payment in full. }
1. USE RIGHTS.

· During the term of this agreement, you may install and use up to 100 (one hundred) copies of the software on your premises to test its compatibility with your products and to give feedback about the software to Ambra, LLC .

· The term of this agreement is until March 31, 2006 or commercial release of the software, whichever is first. Upon termination of this agreement, you must cease use of the software.

· You may not use or test the software in a live operating environment.

2. PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE. This software is a pre-release version. It may not work the way a final version of the software will. Ambra, LLC may change it for the final, commercial version. Ambra, LLC also may not release a commercial version.

3. FEEDBACK. If you give feedback about the software to Ambra, LLC , you grant to Ambra, LLC , without charge, the right to use, share and commercialize your feedback in any way and for any purpose. You also grant to third parties, without charge, any patent rights necessary for their products, technologies and services to use or interface with any specific parts of a Ambra, LLC software or service that incorporates the feedback. You will not give feedback that is subject to a license that requires Ambra, LLC to license its software or documentation to third parties because Ambra, LLC includes your feedback in our software or documentation. These rights survive this agreement.
"

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

"Pop" wrote in message
et...

Sorry: I retract my offer of assistance. Your Rights to use are
unreasonable plus you have not in reality removed the termination date. I
specifically will not adhere to points 1 and 3 because of the construction
of the sentences; they are poorly and improperly formed.
"

Gosh Pop, you sure are hard to please.))))

Why don't you want to give these young fellows something for nothing?

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair
maverick

Hello,
The license agreement for Beta 1 is now updated as:

"The term of this agreement is until December 31, 2007 but we recommend
that you use the most current version of the software. Upon
termination of this agreement, you must cease use of the software."

Best Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

"Colbyt" wrote in message
:
: "Pop" wrote in message
: et...
:
:
: Sorry: I retract my offer of assistance. Your Rights to use
are
: unreasonable plus you have not in reality removed the
termination date. I
: specifically will not adhere to points 1 and 3 because of the
construction
: of the sentences; they are poorly and improperly formed.
: "
:
: Gosh Pop, you sure are hard to please.))))
:
: Why don't you want to give these young fellows something for
nothing?
:
:
: Colbyt
:
:
Yeah, I'm just funny that way ;-]. I like Beta testing but not
giving away intellectual rights so blatantly. I suspect pure
neophytes rather than anything nefarious, but ...

pop

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim and Steph

This looks like an alpha (internal only) release that made it out too
early. Beta releases (to friendly users) should be complete.

Bull****! It compiled; it ships!

Posted to alt.home.repair
RickR

There are lots of programs that do all that and lots more.
My favorite is ArchiTECH.PC at Softcad.com.

What makes yours worth my time?
(Free, at beta stage is not a reason. Its recognition that your going
to get as much as we would, and probably more...)

RickR

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

Default Free floor plan design software/Software suggestions

"RickR" wrote in message
oups.com...
There are lots of programs that do all that and lots more.
My favorite is ArchiTECH.PC at Softcad.com.

What makes yours worth my time?
(Free, at beta stage is not a reason. Its recognition that your going
to get as much as we would, and probably more...)

RickR

Google gave me 15,700,000 hits.

Any suggestions from the group about software that works like this companies
demo did AND will run on Win98?

I don't need the free. Lower cost would be nice. Floor plan and elevations
in 2D is all I really need.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair
RickR

I don't need the free. Lower cost would be nice. Floor plan and elevations
in 2D is all I really need.

The trick with the architectural-3D is that then you get all the
elevations and sections while doing the floor plan. The pretty
perspective stuff comes along almost without work. This only works with
software for buildings, the general stuff doesn't know what a floor
plan is.

(ArchiTECH.PC does fine on Win9x - XP)
Look also at SolidBuilder, Cheif Architect and Envisioneer on the low
end...

OK folks what else is out there...

RickR

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

"RickR" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't need the free. Lower cost would be nice. Floor plan and

elevations
in 2D is all I really need.

The trick with the architectural-3D is that then you get all the
elevations and sections while doing the floor plan. The pretty
perspective stuff comes along almost without work. This only works with
software for buildings, the general stuff doesn't know what a floor
plan is.

(ArchiTECH.PC does fine on Win9x - XP)
Look also at SolidBuilder, Cheif Architect and Envisioneer on the low
end...

OK folks what else is out there...

RickR

Thanks for the reply. Just took a quick look at the Envisioneer product.
For something I will only use a few times I think $200 is a little pricey.

I did find a trial download of something from Punch Software that I am
taking a peek at. In the meantime I am using Image Composer to shuffle
around some room layouts from a plan that I scanned in. No point in drawing
until I have a final destination in mind.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bert Byfield

(ArchiTECH.PC does fine on Win9x - XP)

I looked for ArchiTech.pc, but its references (quite a few) all point to
empty places in cyberspace. It's gone.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RickR

Try www.softcad.com I just checked it now, and had checked it before
posting.
Their web site is a little hinky.. Click on the Products tab to get to
the APC pages.
or
http://www.softcad.com/index.asp?sel...rchitechpc.asp

If you can read french contact www.edicad.com.

RickR

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

"RickR" wrote in message
ups.com...
Try www.softcad.com I just checked it now, and had checked it before
posting.
Their web site is a little hinky.. Click on the Products tab to get to
the APC pages.
or

http://www.softcad.com/index.asp?sel...rchitechpc.asp

If you can read french contact www.edicad.com.

RickR

A little hinky????

There must be a missing decimal in that price.

Colbyt

Jewelry Design Software, Gemvision Matrix 3D Version 5.0, Solidscape Jewelcad_v5.12, Delcam ArtCAM JewelSmith v8.1, Rhino and Addons vvcd Metalworking 1 November 5th 05 09:15 PM
SOLID V3.5 - CABINET VISION, Cabinet Design Centre v7.0 - Cubit, 20-20 Kitchen Design V6.1,Cabinet Vision Solid, Planit Millennium II [2 CDs], TurboCAD Pro V9.0 [3 CDs] ( Turbocad Pro V9.0, TurboCad Deluxe 9.2 FloorPlan v7.3, TurboProject Express v4S code_fu Woodworking 1 May 24th 05 04:09 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
woodturning design software?? Kris Woodturning 5 October 23rd 04 03:46 PM
House Building Design Software? Reteplav UK diy 1 September 8th 03 02:08 AM