Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Door cannot open.

My garage door opener suddenly stops working after about 5 years.
The opener is a Lift-Master 1/3 HP with chain. After press the remote
button to open/close the garage door, I can hear the (moter ??) sound,
but the chain doesn't move. Does anyone have an idea which part is
broken? What do I possibly need to fix it?

Also, the previous owner did not have a manual when I bought the house.
Where can I download/buy a manual?

Thanks
Scott

Posted to alt.home.repair
Laura

try here :
http://www.liftmaster.com/cw/instr_m...=_1337,00.html

wrote in message
oups.com...
My garage door opener suddenly stops working after about 5 years.
The opener is a Lift-Master 1/3 HP with chain. After press the remote
button to open/close the garage door, I can hear the (moter ??) sound,
but the chain doesn't move. Does anyone have an idea which part is
broken? What do I possibly need to fix it?

Also, the previous owner did not have a manual when I bought the house.
Where can I download/buy a manual?

Thanks
Scott

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich

Your plastic gear and sprocket is worn out. Remove the cover you will find
white plastic debris inside. Easy to repair.

Rich
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
My garage door opener suddenly stops working after about 5 years.
The opener is a Lift-Master 1/3 HP with chain. After press the remote
button to open/close the garage door, I can hear the (moter ??) sound,
but the chain doesn't move. Does anyone have an idea which part is
broken? What do I possibly need to fix it?

Also, the previous owner did not have a manual when I bought the house.
Where can I download/buy a manual?

Thanks
Scott

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks all for your reply. As Rich said, I saw, after opened the box,
the biggest plastic gear (vertical axis) was worn out.
Now my question is where sell the opener parts?

Thanks a lot.
Scott

Posted to alt.home.repair
SJF

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks all for your reply. As Rich said, I saw, after opened the box,
the biggest plastic gear (vertical axis) was worn out.
Now my question is where sell the opener parts?

Thanks a lot.
Scott

Yellow Pages -- Garage Doors

SJF

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"SJF" wrote in message
Now my question is where sell the opener parts?

Thanks a lot.

Yellow Pages -- Garage Doors

SJF

That's the best you can come up with? Do you expect people to pick up a
book and look through it, maybe make two or three calls to find them? This
is the age of the internet. You post a question and others do the work for
you. If Google cant find it, you are out of luck. Time to get rid of your
old ideas and get into the 21st century.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you all for the reply.

I found a local store who sells the parts and just replaced the gear.
The replacement is pretty easy. It took me about 40 minutes. I am
sure it will be less than 15 minutes next time.
Also, I got the manual from LiftMaster's website:
http://www.liftmaster.com

Scott