Posted to alt.home.repair
BGREER5050

Default Vinyl SIding Installation

How long should it take 2 workers to side a typical 15 square house.
Two days - Five Days ?? I just have no idea.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"BGREER5050" wrote in message
oups.com...
How long should it take 2 workers to side a typical 15 square house.
Two days - Five Days ?? I just have no idea.

If they are supplying the siding, probably a day. If YOU bought the siding
and are paying them by the day to install, it will take at least a week.

I kid, but probably true.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

The install time will depend on how much cutting needs to be done.

Large sections of bare wall can be installed really quickly. A lot of
trim and fit around windows and doors takes longer.

I did a 24' wall 8' high in a little over 1 hour. One large window in
center.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bgreer5050

What about windows. I know the save you in material but I would imagine the
increase the labor. Does anyone have a typical approximation they use per
window?

wrote in message
ups.com...
The install time will depend on how much cutting needs to be done.

Large sections of bare wall can be installed really quickly. A lot of
trim and fit around windows and doors takes longer.

I did a 24' wall 8' high in a little over 1 hour. One large window in
center.

Posted to alt.home.repair
calhoun

"Bgreer5050" wrote in message
om...
What about windows. I know the save you in material but I would imagine
the increase the labor. Does anyone have a typical approximation they use
per window?

I charge $35.00 per window for the alumiumun work figure about 1/2 hour per
window once you get set up.

wrote in message
ups.com...
The install time will depend on how much cutting needs to be done.

Large sections of bare wall can be installed really quickly. A lot of
trim and fit around windows and doors takes longer.

I did a 24' wall 8' high in a little over 1 hour. One large window in
center.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bgreer5050

calhoun.

What part of the country do you work?

Thanks

"calhoun" wrote in message

"Bgreer5050" wrote in message
om...
What about windows. I know the save you in material but I would imagine
the increase the labor. Does anyone have a typical approximation they
use per window?

I charge $35.00 per window for the alumiumun work figure about 1/2 hour
per window once you get set up.

ups.com...