DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vinyl SIding Installation (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/138090-vinyl-siding-installation.html)

BGREER5050 January 1st 06 03:24 PM

Vinyl SIding Installation

How long should it take 2 workers to side a typical 15 square house.
Two days - Five Days ?? I just have no idea.

Thanks

Dr. Hardcrab January 1st 06 03:25 PM

Vinyl SIding Installation

"BGREER5050" wrote in message
oups.com...
How long should it take 2 workers to side a typical 15 square house.
Two days - Five Days ?? I just have no idea.

If they are supplying the siding, probably a day. If YOU bought the siding
and are paying them by the day to install, it will take at least a week.

I kid, but probably true.....

[email protected] January 1st 06 11:09 PM

Vinyl SIding Installation

The install time will depend on how much cutting needs to be done.

Large sections of bare wall can be installed really quickly. A lot of
trim and fit around windows and doors takes longer.

I did a 24' wall 8' high in a little over 1 hour. One large window in
center.

Bgreer5050 January 2nd 06 01:09 AM

Vinyl SIding Installation

What about windows. I know the save you in material but I would imagine the
increase the labor. Does anyone have a typical approximation they use per
window?

ups.com...

calhoun January 2nd 06 01:15 PM

Vinyl SIding Installation

"Bgreer5050" wrote in message
om...
What about windows. I know the save you in material but I would imagine
the increase the labor. Does anyone have a typical approximation they use
per window?

I charge $35.00 per window for the alumiumun work figure about 1/2 hour per
window once you get set up.

ups.com...

Bgreer5050 January 3rd 06 02:49 AM

Vinyl SIding Installation

calhoun.

What part of the country do you work?

Thanks

"calhoun" wrote in message

"Bgreer5050" wrote in message
om...
What about windows. I know the save you in material but I would imagine
the increase the labor. Does anyone have a typical approximation they
use per window?

I charge $35.00 per window for the alumiumun work figure about 1/2 hour
per window once you get set up.

ups.com...