Posted to alt.home.repair
hombrewdude

Default Can I seal prefinished floor?

I will be putting down some Bruce pre-finished engineerinf flooring.
I plan on nailing/stapling this in.

When I am all done, can I scuff the floor and apply a finish? Poly or
water is compatible?

I am worried about water damage on the edges of the wood

Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Um - No. The finishes on these are better than anything you could apply in
the field. For the glue together floating type there is a bit of squeeze out
that seals the edges.

I suppose you could sand and traditionally finish but then why buy
pre-finished. You eother do it in a traditional way: install, sand finish.
Or use pre-finished.

Good luck.

"hombrewdude" wrote in message
oups.com...
I will be putting down some Bruce pre-finished engineerinf flooring.
I plan on nailing/stapling this in.

When I am all done, can I scuff the floor and apply a finish? Poly or
water is compatible?

I am worried about water damage on the edges of the wood

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"hombrewdude" wrote in message
oups.com...
I will be putting down some Bruce pre-finished engineerinf flooring.
I plan on nailing/stapling this in.

When I am all done, can I scuff the floor and apply a finish? Poly or
water is compatible?

I am worried about water damage on the edges of the wood

Sure, but your finish is not as good as the factory finish.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Talk to Bruce some factory finishes have formulas that dont allow most
products to bond.