Posted to alt.home.repair

Default electric water heater, finished repair but....

So I replaced the bottom element in a State Censible 40 gal electric
water heater. Everything went well except for the part where the
cutoff valve to the heater broke. I can't turn off the water to the
heater anymore, but since I want it on now, I'm not going to worry too
much about it, unless that is my new problem

Everything is put back together and turned back on, but no water is
coming out of the hot water taps in the house. What did I forget?

The tank definitely filled back up, I opened the drain and there is
water in there, it isn't making anymore water going into the tank
sounds.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Phillip

Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

wrote in message
ups.com...
So I replaced the bottom element in a State Censible 40 gal electric
water heater. Everything went well except for the part where the
cutoff valve to the heater broke. I can't turn off the water to the
heater anymore, but since I want it on now, I'm not going to worry too
much about it, unless that is my new problem

Everything is put back together and turned back on, but no water is
coming out of the hot water taps in the house. What did I forget?

The tank definitely filled back up, I opened the drain and there is
water in there, it isn't making anymore water going into the tank
sounds.

Any suggestions?

broken valve?
no water?
Gosh, that's a puzzler all right.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

wrote in message
ups.com...
So I replaced the bottom element in a State Censible 40 gal electric
water heater. Everything went well except for the part where the
cutoff valve to the heater broke. I can't turn off the water to the
heater anymore, but since I want it on now, I'm not going to worry too
much about it, unless that is my new problem

Everything is put back together and turned back on, but no water is
coming out of the hot water taps in the house. What did I forget?

The tank definitely filled back up, I opened the drain and there is
water in there, it isn't making anymore water going into the tank
sounds.

You said the tank filled up, but was the valve still "on" (open) when it
broke? If there is not incoming water pressure, you aren't going to get
anything out of the tank...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
So I replaced the bottom element in a State Censible 40 gal electric
water heater. Everything went well except for the part where the
cutoff valve to the heater broke. I can't turn off the water to the
heater anymore, but since I want it on now, I'm not going to worry too
much about it, unless that is my new problem

Everything is put back together and turned back on, but no water is
coming out of the hot water taps in the house. What did I forget?

The tank definitely filled back up, I opened the drain and there is
water in there, it isn't making anymore water going into the tank
sounds.

You said the tank filled up, but was the valve still "on" (open) when it
broke? If there is not incoming water pressure, you aren't going to get
anything out of the tank...

OR

(don't laugh AND I'm not saying anything, but)

did you take the plugs out of both the inlet and the outlet when you
connected the pipes?

Posted to alt.home.repair

This is a stretch, but if you used a ton of solder, you could've filled
up the copper outlet pipe. But, like I said, this is a stretch.