Posted to alt.home.repair
kalanamak

Default electric pads in tile enough to heat bathroom?

I am remodeling a 8x6 bathroom that has no forced air vent in it. The
room is chronically colder than the 60-65 I keep the bedroom it juts off
of and occ. gets a little mold on the north wall (not an "interior"
wall).I live in Pugetopolis so it never gets bloody cold, but is often
damp. Would one of those prefab mats one puts under the tiles (wire not
hydro heating) be able to raise a 55-60 degree room to the 70 that keeps
the mold down or are those things just for the luxury of warm feet?
TIA
blacksalt
Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

http://www.joshmadison.com/software/
go get convert and compare the wattage of the floor unit to the results
of an in-bathroom test by you of a 1500 watt hairdryer or portable
heater. then to an infrared 250 watt heat lamp. then to a 500 watt
halogen worklight. some experimenting with these heating devices will
be required to come to your comfortable conclusion.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Running a vent may not cost more but will cost alot less in the long
run, not to mention it wont smell bad any longer.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

kalanamak wrote:
I am remodeling a 8x6 bathroom that has no forced air vent in it. The
room is chronically colder than the 60-65 I keep the bedroom it juts off
of and occ. gets a little mold on the north wall (not an "interior"
wall).I live in Pugetopolis so it never gets bloody cold, but is often
damp. Would one of those prefab mats one puts under the tiles (wire not
hydro heating) be able to raise a 55-60 degree room to the 70 that keeps
the mold down or are those things just for the luxury of warm feet?

If you use sufficient amount of heating mat, sure, it'll heat it up to
70. Understand that the resistive underfloor heating works a little
differently - you're radiating heat, not convecting it. Your feet will
be warmer and you will be comfortable at a lower air temperature.

Check out the Warmly Yours web site. They are very helpful, can answer
your questions, provide free layout services and give you pricing.

pool pump [email protected] Home Repair 144 December 10th 05 02:01 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Heat pump thermostat question Michael Baugh Home Repair 6 January 26th 04 07:50 AM
Bathroom Tile Redo Nightmare C Home Repair 10 November 16th 03 03:08 PM
Under-floor heating for a bathroom - hot water or electric, and how to control? BigWallop UK diy 13 July 8th 03 08:46 PM