Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaking wash machine + large baby poopie = mess

It is turning out to be one of those days...our wash machine (a 1996
Whirlpool top-loader; model #LSC8244DQ0) started leaking underneath the
unit this morning. The leak appears to run continuously (the machine
was still dripping after turning it off), resulting in a *very* large
puddle in our laundry room. On top of that, our 9 month year old just
had one of those movements that goes through diaper, "onezie", and
pants (looks like we will be washing her clothes by hand).

At any rate, I am wondering:

1. If anyone has any ideas regarding what the likely source of the
leak might be and also whether or not "typical" wash machine repair
jobs can be tackled by novices.

2. Or, if you have any recommendations regarding having a service
repairman come to take a look at it (e.g., ballpark expected cost for
home servicing, and if it is best to try to contact a Whirlpool service
person or if there are likely better options).

Thanks in advance,

john

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
broken zanussi washine machine (3rd time in 1.5 years) Matthew J.E. Durkin UK diy 31 November 9th 04 12:41 AM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
Leaking Washing Machine Drum Phil Young UK diy 10 October 7th 03 05:05 PM