Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Default Temp rise on a furnace

What should the temp rise be on a Ng Lennox Dimension 93% 2 stage
furnace from return to just at the AC coil with new filter, clean
squirrel cage and all ducts open and on low fire of a 2 stage. Mine is
67 in 137 out a 70f rise. Isn`t that to high indicating it is oversized
for the ductwork. I thought 50- 60 was inline. It is a bit oversized and
I am looking at less Btus on a replacement. The Lennox supposedly was
sized correctly as return and supplies were added.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Greg O

"m Ransley" wrote in message
What should the temp rise be on a Ng Lennox Dimension 93% 2 stage
furnace from return to just at the AC coil with new filter, clean
squirrel cage and all ducts open and on low fire of a 2 stage. Mine is
67 in 137 out a 70f rise. Isn`t that to high indicating it is oversized
for the ductwork. I thought 50- 60 was inline. It is a bit oversized and
I am looking at less Btus on a replacement. The Lennox supposedly was
sized correctly as return and supplies were added.

The temp rise information should be listed in/on the furnace somewhere.
Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

Like Grego said the Temp. Rise should be on the furnace.

Also 70 degree temperature rise is very much on the top end of the
scale . i would like a 50 Temp. Rise or so for me but other opinions
may very.

TURTLE

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

It says 40-70 on the door but it actualy may be 72 or so depending on
the return, I would like it lower, slower more even heat is better.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark

m Ransley wrote:
It says 40-70 on the door but it actualy may be 72 or so depending on
the return, I would like it lower, slower more even heat is better.

reduce the firing rate...

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bubba

On 9 Dec 2005 12:58:55 -0800, "Mark" wrote:

m Ransley wrote:
It says 40-70 on the door but it actualy may be 72 or so depending on
the return, I would like it lower, slower more even heat is better.

reduce the firing rate...

Mark

BUT check the CO reading while and after you do it.
Bubba
Posted to alt.home.repair
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

E-mail me at this e-mail addy and talk about this.

TURTLE