Posted to alt.home.repair
mowermanbp

Default oven does not work

i have a kenmore stove and the stove top works fine but the oven does
not? i have tried all the setting one the oven side ie clean mode,
broil, and bake. get nothing. there are two elements in the oven nether
of them get warm on any mode. what could this be, both elements are bad
or is there a control that may be bad? i did check the wire in that
back where the plug leads to and one of the three where it connects to
the stove was loose and i tighten it and still nothing! what more can i
do and what can i test to find out what it is!

thanks

brian

Posted to alt.home.repair
mowermanbp

the model number of the unit is 911.9330192 which looks like a sears
unit

brian

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

mowermanbp wrote:

the model number of the unit is 911.9330192 which looks like a sears
unit

brian

Hi,
How about checking fuses first? Clean mode needs locking the
door(interlock). Fuses are usually behind control panel.
Tony
Posted to alt.home.repair
chickenwing

mowermanbp wrote:
i have a kenmore stove and the stove top works fine but the oven does
not? i have tried all the setting one the oven side ie clean mode,
broil, and bake. get nothing. there are two elements in the oven nether
of them get warm on any mode. what could this be, both elements are bad
or is there a control that may be bad? i did check the wire in that
back where the plug leads to and one of the three where it connects to
the stove was loose and i tighten it and still nothing! what more can i
do and what can i test to find out what it is!

thanks

brian

Odd that both elements are not working, it does make me think the
control is bad.

Not only did you turn the dial to say...350 degrees, but you also
turned the other knob to "bake, or broil? Some stoves require 2 knobs
to actually make heat.

one for temp, one for bake broil, self clean...etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair
chickenwing

mowermanbp wrote:
i have a kenmore stove and the stove top works fine but the oven does
not? i ...still nothing! what more can i
do and what can i test to find out what it is!

thanks

brian

What was I thinking, on that model number you have to pull the choke
out manually.
It's inside the oven door (up on the left)...

Posted to alt.home.repair
mowermanbp

your funny thanks for the laugh but my oven does not have a choke!

brian

Whirloop oven strange behavior of oven lights [email protected] Electronics Repair 7 May 12th 05 09:42 AM
Oven cable size garryb UK diy 5 March 27th 05 08:58 PM
Over-the-Range Microwave Oven [email protected] Home Ownership 1 January 22nd 05 07:07 AM
Have I Screwed Up my GE Oven ? User132384 Electronics Repair 12 December 30th 04 05:18 AM
Moisture Cure Urethane (Moisture Cured Urethane) Moshe Woodworking 6 September 5th 03 05:50 PM