Posted to alt.home.repair
K. Kly

Default Fridge icemaker screwed up

Awhile ago the ice maker started slowing down and then whenever it would
dump ice the ice would freeze to the bottom of the container and after
awhile it would just be a big block of ice cubes frozen together. I tried
adjusting the temp up and down to no avail. Then I cleaned the coils and
all seemed to be fine again. Ice cubes were coming out normal. It's a
couple of weeks later and I am having the same problem again. Ice maker
working very slowly and cubes just freezing together. Coils still seem
pretty clean. any suggestions.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Patrick Cleburne

"K. Kly" wrote in message
Awhile ago the ice maker started slowing down and then whenever it would
dump ice the ice would freeze to the bottom of the container and after
awhile it would just be a big block of ice cubes frozen together. I tried
adjusting the temp up and down to no avail. Then I cleaned the coils and
all seemed to be fine again. Ice cubes were coming out normal. It's a
couple of weeks later and I am having the same problem again. Ice maker
working very slowly and cubes just freezing together. Coils still seem
pretty clean. any suggestions.

If the cubes are melting then freezing together, the temp in the freezer is
warming up then dropping again. That doesn't sound like an icemaker problem.
You need to determine why the temp is spiking then going back below
freezing.

Patrick

Posted to alt.home.repair
larry

I have small thermometers (kmart $1 each 20 yrs ago) on the
back wall of both the freezer and frig. tune the two dials
so freezer is at 0 and frig is at 40.

tend to check them when i open the doors.

you might check your defroster timer and heater, that can
make it too warm like described if it has problems. a bad
light switch can do the same - that 40W frig bulb really can
overpower the compressor.

-larry / dallas

K. Kly wrote:
how do I go about doing that?

If the cubes are melting then freezing together, the temp in the freezer
is warming up then dropping again. That doesn't sound like an icemaker
problem. You need to determine why the temp is spiking then going back
below freezing.

Replace Mechanical Icemaker with Modular GSS Home Repair 5 September 26th 05 04:27 PM
Icemaker not getting water [email protected] Home Repair 5 August 10th 05 01:23 AM
Fridge running warm, help troubleshooting? [email protected] Home Repair 7 June 30th 05 04:25 PM
Integrated fridge John UK diy 3 April 29th 04 12:08 PM
Fridge freezer annoyance Craig Graham UK diy 2 March 23rd 04 10:12 PM