GSS

Default Replace Mechanical Icemaker with Modular

I have a dedicated compact icemaker for a boat...this is essentially a
small freezer with the usual crescent mold icemaker inside that you
would find in any freezertop refrigerator in America. The icemaker
itself is shot & I need a new one. I've got a quote on the
manufacturer's replacement icemaker and it is $211...Because it is for
a Boat! The brand is Dometic & they also put this machine in RV's too.
Is there any reason I couldn't adjust the wiring on a regular
residential icemaker? The smart side of the icemaker is in the machine
itself as opposed to the freezer.

Has anyone done this before? All these machines look alike, and the
ONLY different I can see is the length of the pigtail and the shape of
the plugs. Please respond to the group.

TURTLE

"GSS" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a dedicated compact icemaker for a boat...this is essentially a
small freezer with the usual crescent mold icemaker inside that you
would find in any freezertop refrigerator in America. The icemaker
itself is shot & I need a new one. I've got a quote on the
manufacturer's replacement icemaker and it is $211...Because it is for
a Boat! The brand is Dometic & they also put this machine in RV's too.
Is there any reason I couldn't adjust the wiring on a regular
residential icemaker? The smart side of the icemaker is in the machine
itself as opposed to the freezer.

Has anyone done this before? All these machines look alike, and the
ONLY different I can see is the length of the pigtail and the shape of
the plugs. Please respond to the group.

This is Turtle.

What your asking here is to give you the way, instructions, cost, and left out
some key info.

You said the freezer was a Dometic but what is the model number of it and the
serial number off the
freezer it'self. then if you can pull the front plastic head off the ice maker
and give me the model and serial number inside there. Now it can be stamped on
the outside but rare. now changing these G/E Ice makers are nothing to do. You
have 3 screws and one plug in and it done but do unplug it. now to the plug
shapes. Most all G/E Half Moon universial ice maker come with all the 5 plugs in
shapes in a adapter in the box. $100.00 or so sound like a fair price but this
is not installed.

TURTLE

GSS

Thank You Turtle: It is a Dometic DN 1070, Serial No: 9152675 Product
# 95803010. The front inside cover of the mold machine has a wiring
schematic with a part no. 627777. There is no manufacturer named for
if but there are SEVERAL patent manufacturing numbers on it.

GSS

Thank You Turtle: It is a Dometic DN 1070.001, Serial No: 9152675
Product # 95803010. The front inside cover of the mold machine has a
wiring schematic with a part no. 627777. There is no manufacturer
named for if but there are SEVERAL patent manufacturing numbers on it.
The pigtail wire colors on the schematic are the same as the Amana
Harness I was thinking of using...grn/yellow, tan, blak (with built in
thermostat), and white-are these standard with all machines?).

TURTLE

"GSS" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank You Turtle: It is a Dometic DN 1070.001, Serial No: 9152675
Product # 95803010. The front inside cover of the mold machine has a
wiring schematic with a part no. 627777. There is no manufacturer
named for if but there are SEVERAL patent manufacturing numbers on it.
The pigtail wire colors on the schematic are the same as the Amana
Harness I was thinking of using...grn/yellow, tan, blak (with built in
thermostat), and white-are these standard with all machines?).

This is Turtle.

the wiring colors are only common with 7 other brands / models of freezers. Any
new ice maker kit to install will come with this wiring harness to plug into.

You need to call any Appliance parts stores in your area and get a price on the
ice maker kit. use the Dometic Model number anmd most all should be able to look
up the correct ice maker to fit it. this is Not a big deal at all.

If Not i will call and get the ice maker G/E model number for you to get monday.

TURTLE

GSS

Turtle, everyone seems to be drawing a blank on the "Dometic" name...I
have called a couple of RV parts places and they indicate the unit is
no longer manufactured. Can you try a GE cross reference for me? I
called it a "mechanical" icemaker earlier, but I have learned it is
actually a "component" icemaker.