Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

Default FORGERY ALERT ALT.HVAC FAQ V1.2.7 w/kill file

The little forger has it right this time. Look at the headers. This ain't
me.

Date: 7 Dec 2005 07:55:58 -0000
From: Oscar_Lives
Subject: ALT.HVAC FAQ V1.2.7 w/kill file
Newsgroups: alt.hvac

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

wrote in message

"MikeT"
wrote:

PJM, you sure ar one hell of a popular guy here arn't you!

Not among spammers, flooders, and asshole in general, no.

I think there's a fairly large concensus of opinion that indeed you
are not an asshole in general, but rather a very very special kind of
asshole. A field of one.

Oh yes, and did I mention I love assholes? And I stay bent over all the
time fellas

MOMMY MOMMY, look at the headers look at the headers. How do you do that
anyway?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower

Default Honda eu 2000 Generator

With a 125K Btu/gallon high heating value and a 10,000 hour engine lifetime,
Honda EU2000 cogen looks less economical: if we burn 1.08 gallons of gasoline
with a fuel value of 135K Btu in 4 hours at the 1600 W rated load and make
6.4 kWh (21.8K Btu) of electricity and 113.2K Btu of heat (another 33.2 kWh,
ie 39.6 kWh total) and the heat replaces electric resistance and the Honda
costs $899 (mayberrys.com) and wear adds $0.09/h, ie 5.6 cents/kWh, this kind
of cogen only seems to make sense at an off-road gas price of $1.75/gallon if
electricity costs more than 100x$1.75/39.6+5.6 = 10.7 cents/kWh.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
Bughunter

wrote in message
With a 125K Btu/gallon high heating value and a 10,000 hour engine
lifetime,
Honda EU2000 cogen looks less economical: if we burn 1.08 gallons of
gasoline
with a fuel value of 135K Btu in 4 hours at the 1600 W rated load and make
6.4 kWh (21.8K Btu) of electricity and 113.2K Btu of heat (another 33.2
kWh,
ie 39.6 kWh total) and the heat replaces electric resistance and the Honda
costs $899 (mayberrys.com) and wear adds $0.09/h, ie 5.6 cents/kWh, this
kind
of cogen only seems to make sense at an off-road gas price of $1.75/gallon
if
electricity costs more than 100x$1.75/39.6+5.6 = 10.7 cents/kWh.

Nick

Where can one buy "off-road" gasoline? I have seen off-road diesel for sale,
but never off road gasoline. I'd love to avoid road tax for gas that I buy
for my generator and boats.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

Damn Oscar , is there a Twinkey Screwing with the new group ?

TURTLE

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
Vaughn Simon

"Bughunter" wrote in message

Where can one buy "off-road" gasoline? I have seen off-road diesel for
sale, but never off road gasoline. I'd love to avoid road tax for gas that
I buy for my generator and boats.

That answer varies depending on your state/county. Talk to a fuel
wholesaler. Last I heard, in my state you have to request a refund from the
state periodically.

Vaughn

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
SQLit

wrote in message
[...]

Farm supply would be a start. I used to get ~300 gallons of regular
delivered to the "barrel" on our farm. Gas then was ~$0.30 a gallon. I was
paying $0.19 for this gas. Only problem was the gas was colored, and they
would not deliver less than 200 gallons. Storage of gas in quantities is
against the law in most incorporated cities and towns.

I nerfed out finally and set another 300 gallon barrel for road use and got
it delivered for less than the pump. Then I had to add a lock to keep my
parents out of it. Mom was terrible, she knew exactly how far she could
drive and not have to buy gas at the station. Oh well price I paid for
being born.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
Bughunter

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in message

"Bughunter" wrote in message

Where can one buy "off-road" gasoline? I have seen off-road diesel for
sale, but never off road gasoline. I'd love to avoid road tax for gas
that I buy for my generator and boats.

That answer varies depending on your state/county. Talk to a fuel
wholesaler. Last I heard, in my state you have to request a refund from
the state periodically.

Vaughn

I'm in New Hampshire, USA.

I don't know if it would be worth trying to deal with the state bureaucracy
for what little I use. With the PV panels working, I burned something like 9
gallons of gas in the generator over last summer. The boat ran through about
one 27 gallon tank. The ATV's a couple tanks, and the snowmobiles a few
tanks. I don't want to store a lot, and I'd guess a wholesaler would not
even want to talk about the small quantities I use off road.

I'll have to ask around and what the rules are for NH.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
Rich Greenberg

"Bughunter" wrote in message

[...]

Many moons ago when I had a motorboat, I saved all my recipts for when I
put gas in it, and when I did my federal taxes, I filled out a form
which gave me a tax credit (not a deduction) of so many cents a gallon
for off road use of the gas.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
Bughunter

Many moons ago when I had a motorboat, I saved all my recipts for when I
put gas in it, and when I did my federal taxes, I filled out a form
which gave me a tax credit (not a deduction) of so many cents a gallon
for off road use of the gas.

Every now and then I get a survey in the mail asking me to estimate how many
gallons of gasoline I use on my boats, and on which lakes. There is some
claim that they use this information to allocate gas tax revenues. I don;t
recall whether this was state or federal. I think it was federal, since most
gas tax is federal.

Not quite as nice as a personal tax abatement or credit, but at least it
makes it seem like some of that tax revenue will be returned to a local that
you use. That is, after the politicians take their cut.