Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
Rich Greenberg

Default Honda eu 2000 Generator

In article xWKlf.4473$7G5.1275@trndny03, Bughunter wrote:

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in message

"Bughunter" wrote in message
news:k%Blf.10264$nt5.4003@trndny05...

Where can one buy "off-road" gasoline? I have seen off-road diesel for
sale, but never off road gasoline. I'd love to avoid road tax for gas
that I buy for my generator and boats.

That answer varies depending on your state/county. Talk to a fuel
wholesaler. Last I heard, in my state you have to request a refund from
the state periodically.

Vaughn

I'm in New Hampshire, USA.

I don't know if it would be worth trying to deal with the state bureaucracy
for what little I use. With the PV panels working, I burned something like 9
gallons of gas in the generator over last summer. The boat ran through about
one 27 gallon tank. The ATV's a couple tanks, and the snowmobiles a few
tanks. I don't want to store a lot, and I'd guess a wholesaler would not
even want to talk about the small quantities I use off road.

I'll have to ask around and what the rules are for NH.

Many moons ago when I had a motorboat, I saved all my recipts for when I
put gas in it, and when I did my federal taxes, I filled out a form
which gave me a tax credit (not a deduction) of so many cents a gallon
for off road use of the gas.