Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
SQLit

Default Honda eu 2000 Generator

"Bughunter" wrote in message
news:k%Blf.10264$nt5.4003@trndny05...

wrote in message
With a 125K Btu/gallon high heating value and a 10,000 hour engine
lifetime,
Honda EU2000 cogen looks less economical: if we burn 1.08 gallons of
gasoline
with a fuel value of 135K Btu in 4 hours at the 1600 W rated load and

make
6.4 kWh (21.8K Btu) of electricity and 113.2K Btu of heat (another 33.2
kWh,
ie 39.6 kWh total) and the heat replaces electric resistance and the

Honda
costs $899 (mayberrys.com) and wear adds $0.09/h, ie 5.6 cents/kWh, this
kind
of cogen only seems to make sense at an off-road gas price of

$1.75/gallon
if
electricity costs more than 100x$1.75/39.6+5.6 = 10.7 cents/kWh.

Nick

Where can one buy "off-road" gasoline? I have seen off-road diesel for

sale,
but never off road gasoline. I'd love to avoid road tax for gas that I buy
for my generator and boats.

Farm supply would be a start. I used to get ~300 gallons of regular
delivered to the "barrel" on our farm. Gas then was ~$0.30 a gallon. I was
paying $0.19 for this gas. Only problem was the gas was colored, and they
would not deliver less than 200 gallons. Storage of gas in quantities is
against the law in most incorporated cities and towns.

I nerfed out finally and set another 300 gallon barrel for road use and got
it delivered for less than the pump. Then I had to add a lock to keep my
parents out of it. Mom was terrible, she knew exactly how far she could
drive and not have to buy gas at the station. Oh well price I paid for
being born.