Posted to alt.home.repair
Bryan

Default Pistacchio Nuts in Garbage Disposal

I had a good laugh tonight. We had ants in the pantry and they were also
swarming the bag (Costco size, of course) of Pistacchio nuts. So, having
quite a bit of faith in my garbage disposal I decided to pour the nuts with
the ants down the garbage disposal. My daughter was watching this and at
1/4 my age pointed out that she didn't think it was such a good idea.

Well, suffice it to say that with both sinks full of water and not clearing
with a plunger, I was beginning to see the sense of her youthful wisdom.
Wait! It gets better.

I gave up trying to plunge the problem away and, having enough sense, little
enough as it is, I decided to keep my daughter involved in the problem
solving process. We proceeded to remove the U shaped piece of pipe. We had
a good laugh as we saw it packed tight and full with ground Pistacchio nuts.
I mean packed tight!

I thought we were home free, but water still wouldn't drain down the
non-disposal sink. As I sat there thinking about what I could stick UP the
down pipe to clear out some stubborn nut shells, my, by now, obviously
smarter daughter grabbbed the plunger and said, "Just use the plunger, Dad!"
Whoosh! Out came a wad of nut shells.

We put the pipe back together and all was right with our world. The best
part of all this was the time spent with my daughter problem solving and
doing something more useful than watching TV.

I hope you all realize how much courage it takes to share my ineptitude with
you all for the sake of sharing a good home repair story!

Bryan

Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...
[...]

We don't have ants in our food up here, so maybe I don't understand the
problem, but why didn't you just throw them out. What could you have been
thinking? Did you need to destroy the ants?

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom

My, what fun! Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair
Abe

I had a good laugh tonight. We had ants in the pantry and they were also
swarming the bag (Costco size, of course) of Pistachio nuts. So, having
quite a bit of faith in my garbage disposal I decided to pour the nuts with
the ants down the garbage disposal. My daughter was watching this and at
1/4 my age pointed out that she didn't think it was such a good idea.
Well, suffice it to say that with both sinks full of water and not clearing
with a plunger, I was beginning to see the sense of her youthful wisdom.
Wait! It gets better.
We put the pipe back together and all was right with our world. The best
part of all this was the time spent with my daughter problem solving and
doing something more useful than watching TV.

Good quality time. Precious.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 05:34:58 GMT, "Bryan"
wrote:

[...]

Maybe your daughter will be a plumber !!!!

I think you should have just sprayed the bad inside with bug spray and
tossed it. Disposers have their limitations.

Glad you had fun anyhow.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Bryan" wrote in message
Well, suffice it to say that with both sinks full of water and not
clearing with a plunger, I was beginning to see the sense of her youthful
wisdom. Wait! It gets better.

Good story. The best part was having your daughter involved.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Bryan" wrote in message
Well, suffice it to say that with both sinks full of water and not
clearing with a plunger, I was beginning to see the sense of her youthful
wisdom. Wait! It gets better.

Good story. The best part was having your daughter involved.

Yeah, it sounds like she really knows a lot about nuts.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Bryan" wrote in message

Well, suffice it to say that with both sinks full of water and not
clearing with a plunger, I was beginning to see the sense of her youthful
wisdom. Wait! It gets better.

Good story. The best part was having your daughter involved.

Out of the mouths of babes oft times come.....

(Red cigarette butts?)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
hawaiian

"Bryan" wrote

I was beginning to see the sense of her youthful wisdom.

you have a future mechanical engineer there!

(PS - female engineers command a premium salary on the market, due to
government mandated hiring women quotas and a shortage of female engineering
graduates)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"hawaiian" wrote in message
(PS - female engineers command a premium salary on the market, due to
government mandated hiring women quotas and a shortage of female
engineering graduates)

I wonder if a male engineer can get a raise if he has a sex change
operation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:15:41 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"hawaiian" wrote in message
(PS - female engineers command a premium salary on the market, due to
government mandated hiring women quotas and a shortage of female
engineering graduates)

I wonder if a male engineer can get a raise if he has a sex change
operation.

You could find out and let us all know LOL