Posted to alt.home.repair
Texas Yankee

Default bathroom faucet replacement

My girlfriend purchased replacement bathroom faucets for her house - the
part that goes on the top of the sink - the replacement faucets do not
include the stopper portion of the assembly - the part that goes on the
bottom of the basin - do we have to buy these units as one complete
assembly, or can we get separates, somewhere? (She's got an eBay habit for
this type of stuff . .. )

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Texas Yankee wrote:
My girlfriend purchased replacement bathroom faucets for her house -
the part that goes on the top of the sink - the replacement faucets
do not include the stopper portion of the assembly - the part that
goes on the bottom of the basin - do we have to buy these units as
one complete assembly, or can we get separates, somewhere? (She's
got an eBay habit for this type of stuff . .. )

Well if you need the drain fittings, they are available in a number or
quality grades from most any hardware or plumbing supply.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Texas Yankee" wrote in message
My girlfriend purchased replacement bathroom faucets for her house - the
part that goes on the top of the sink - the replacement faucets do not
include the stopper portion of the assembly - the part that goes on the
bottom of the basin - do we have to buy these units as one complete
assembly, or can we get separates, somewhere? (She's got an eBay habit
for this type of stuff . .. )

Whatever she saved on eBay, she's gonna lose driving all over town for the
missing parts. Will this make an impression on her at all?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 20:00:24 GMT, "Texas Yankee"
wrote:

My girlfriend purchased replacement bathroom faucets for her house - the
part that goes on the top of the sink - the replacement faucets do not
include the stopper portion of the assembly - the part that goes on the
bottom of the basin - do we have to buy these units as one complete
assembly, or can we get separates, somewhere? (She's got an eBay habit for
this type of stuff . .. )

Can't you connect the new faucet to the old drain thingy? If not,
what is missing?

Usually there is a metal stick headed to the wall and coming out of
the drain a couple inches below the sink, and there is a handle
between the two handles of the faucet that is part of a rod that
connects to the metal stick.

I don't know what they do with single handle faucets, but it seems you
don't have one.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.
Posted to alt.home.repair
wannabe

Texas Yankee wrote:
My ..? (She's got an eBay habit for
this type of stuff . .. )

Yes, you need "drain trap assembly" (stopper, drain, draintail)

im sure you could use the old trap..(where the drain tail goes into)

Moen Faucet water just stopped Senin Home Repair 11 May 31st 19 08:44 PM
replacement bathroom cabinet doors pat Home Repair 3 April 10th 05 11:17 PM
Old Bathroom - Can't figure out what type of faucet I have Zack Schneeberger Home Ownership 2 April 6th 05 04:39 PM
Ventilation Problem in Bathroom Paula Home Ownership 5 October 11th 03 08:29 AM
where to find replacement old bathroom taps? Mark_Dathorne UK diy 1 July 3rd 03 04:53 PM