Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default bathroom faucet replacement

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 20:00:24 GMT, "Texas Yankee"
wrote:

My girlfriend purchased replacement bathroom faucets for her house - the
part that goes on the top of the sink - the replacement faucets do not
include the stopper portion of the assembly - the part that goes on the
bottom of the basin - do we have to buy these units as one complete
assembly, or can we get separates, somewhere? (She's got an eBay habit for
this type of stuff . .. )

Can't you connect the new faucet to the old drain thingy? If not,
what is missing?

Usually there is a metal stick headed to the wall and coming out of
the drain a couple inches below the sink, and there is a handle
between the two handles of the faucet that is part of a rod that
connects to the metal stick.

I don't know what they do with single handle faucets, but it seems you
don't have one.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.