Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank B.

Default New Light Bulbs Don't Work

So I changed out 4 mini-bulbs in my kitchen light fixture and only ONE bulb
works and IT only stays on for about 60 seconds at a time. The bulbs are
NOT fridge or specialty bulbs either. I cleaned the base of all bulbs and
base of bulb housing so I am getting a good connection. Could all 4 bulbs
be bad? Nah.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:45:40 GMT, "Frank B."
wrote:

So I changed out 4 mini-bulbs in my kitchen light fixture and only ONE bulb
works and IT only stays on for about 60 seconds at a time. The bulbs are
NOT fridge or specialty bulbs either. I cleaned the base of all bulbs and
base of bulb housing so I am getting a good connection. Could all 4 bulbs
be bad? Nah.....

You have a weird problem.....
Yes, new bulbs can be bad, but the part where you said "IT only stays
on for about 60 seconds at a time". That's just too weird.
You either need a new fixture of have a bad switch.
Test the bulbs in a known working fixture. If they are not standard
sockets, take the bulbs back to the store and tell them to test them
for you. You can also use a multimeter on the ohms scale and test for
continuity. If the meter or digits move, you got a good bulb. No
indication is a bad one.

Posted to alt.home.repair
JohnR66

wrote:

[...]

It could be a bad lot of bulbs. It is possible there was a problem with a
run where all the air was not properly evacuated from the bulbs, thus
causing burnout. Try another brand before spending a bunch of time. Bulbs
are cheap.
John

LED light bulbs - temperature sensivity [email protected] Home Repair 42 November 7th 05 02:58 PM
Want a longer lasting light bulb Mel Home Repair 17 October 26th 05 02:25 PM
Changing a light bulb on R.C.M Tom Gardner Metalworking 24 June 6th 04 12:58 AM
changing a light bulb Joe Home Repair 6 March 8th 04 06:30 PM
Pinched......... wanderer UK diy 8 September 12th 03 11:56 AM