DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New Light Bulbs Don't Work (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/134026-new-light-bulbs-dont-work.html)

Frank B. December 3rd 05 09:45 PM

New Light Bulbs Don't Work

So I changed out 4 mini-bulbs in my kitchen light fixture and only ONE bulb
works and IT only stays on for about 60 seconds at a time. The bulbs are
NOT fridge or specialty bulbs either. I cleaned the base of all bulbs and
base of bulb housing so I am getting a good connection. Could all 4 bulbs
be bad? Nah.....

[email protected] December 5th 05 06:23 PM

New Light Bulbs Don't Work

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:45:40 GMT, "Frank B."
wrote:

So I changed out 4 mini-bulbs in my kitchen light fixture and only ONE bulb
works and IT only stays on for about 60 seconds at a time. The bulbs are
NOT fridge or specialty bulbs either. I cleaned the base of all bulbs and
base of bulb housing so I am getting a good connection. Could all 4 bulbs
be bad? Nah.....

You have a weird problem.....
Yes, new bulbs can be bad, but the part where you said "IT only stays
on for about 60 seconds at a time". That's just too weird.
You either need a new fixture of have a bad switch.
Test the bulbs in a known working fixture. If they are not standard
sockets, take the bulbs back to the store and tell them to test them
for you. You can also use a multimeter on the ohms scale and test for
continuity. If the meter or digits move, you got a good bulb. No
indication is a bad one.

JohnR66 December 6th 05 03:09 AM

New Light Bulbs Don't Work

wrote:

[...]

It could be a bad lot of bulbs. It is possible there was a problem with a
run where all the air was not properly evacuated from the bulbs, thus
causing burnout. Try another brand before spending a bunch of time. Bulbs
are cheap.
John