Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary

Default Dryer problem

I have a Maytag gas dryer.The timer will not move if I have it set to auto
dry.If I set it to timed dry it works fine.I assume there must be a moisture
sensor somewhere that has failed.What does this sensor look like and where
is it located. Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Gary wrote:
I have a Maytag gas dryer.The timer will not move if I have it set to auto
dry.If I set it to timed dry it works fine.I assume there must be a moisture
sensor somewhere that has failed.What does this sensor look like and where
is it located. Thanks

You probably have a clogged vent.

Posted to alt.home.repair
AlfredE

"CJT" wrote in message
You probably have a clogged vent.....

which would be a definite fire hazard. It's the cause of most dryer fires.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Gary wrote:
I have a Maytag gas dryer.The timer will not move if I have it set to auto
dry.If I set it to timed dry it works fine.I assume there must be a moisture
sensor somewhere that has failed.What does this sensor look like and where
is it located. Thanks

Hi,

Model#?

Maytag has built several dozen different dryers!

Some info on a common "auto" cycle....
http://www.applianceaid.com/general.html#timers

Restricted air flow, grounded element, bad thermostat are a few comon
things that can prevent the auto cycle from working.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/