DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dryer problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/133464-dryer-problem.html)

Gary November 29th 05 05:21 PM

Dryer problem

I have a Maytag gas dryer.The timer will not move if I have it set to auto
dry.If I set it to timed dry it works fine.I assume there must be a moisture
sensor somewhere that has failed.What does this sensor look like and where
is it located. Thanks

CJT November 29th 05 05:48 PM

Dryer problem

Gary wrote:
I have a Maytag gas dryer.The timer will not move if I have it set to auto
dry.If I set it to timed dry it works fine.I assume there must be a moisture
sensor somewhere that has failed.What does this sensor look like and where
is it located. Thanks

You probably have a clogged vent.

AlfredE November 30th 05 12:21 AM

Dryer problem

"CJT" wrote in message
You probably have a clogged vent.....

which would be a definite fire hazard. It's the cause of most dryer fires.

Appliance Repair Aid November 30th 05 01:07 AM

Dryer problem

Gary wrote:
I have a Maytag gas dryer.The timer will not move if I have it set to auto
dry.If I set it to timed dry it works fine.I assume there must be a moisture
sensor somewhere that has failed.What does this sensor look like and where
is it located. Thanks

Hi,

Model#?

Maytag has built several dozen different dryers!

Some info on a common "auto" cycle....
http://www.applianceaid.com/general.html#timers

Restricted air flow, grounded element, bad thermostat are a few comon
things that can prevent the auto cycle from working.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/