Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Shaffer

Default Metal Halide Arc bulbs for home? Crazy?

Ignoramus4324 wrote:
I wonder if I can use the following bulbs to light varios areas of my
home where I like to have a lot of light:

400 watt BT37 Mogul Base Coated Horizontal Burn +/- 15 degrees High
Output Position Oriented Metal Halide Sylvania Light Bulb
(Sylvania MS400/3K/HOR 64498)

Our Part #: SL64498
Manufacturer: Sylvania
Manufacturer Code: MS400/3K/HOR
Price: $93.99 Each
Case Size: 6 ($563.94/Case)
Specifications
Light Output: 33,500 lumens
Energy Used: 400 watts
Average Lifetime: 20,000 hours
Bulb Type: BT37
Base Type: Position Oriented Mogul
Color: 3,200K
CRI: 70
Length: 11.5 inches

Might want to ask in sci.engr.lighting

Here's a picture of my 1500 MH yard light. It turns night into day.

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/mhlamp.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair
dean

Michael - nice! I have the same bulb, but on a fixture I made. It does
indeed turn night into day!

Moths love it though. Thing gets covered in fried insects after a few
days!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Shaffer

dean wrote:
Michael - nice! I have the same bulb, but on a fixture I made. It does
indeed turn night into day!

Moths love it though. Thing gets covered in fried insects after a few
days!

Yea, before I got the fixture the bulb was getting coated in moth guts.
It did light up the trees a lot better though.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dean

That one has a glass plate then? I can't see it (its too clean!)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Shaffer

dean wrote:
That one has a glass plate then? I can't see it (its too clean!)

Yup, I think it's plastic, not sure though.

metal halide bulbs testing? Steve Vitale Electronics Repair 4 October 30th 04 09:02 PM
electricity on my water pipes Laurent Doiron Home Repair 32 March 30th 04 06:01 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
metal tubes Allan Adler Metalworking 7 September 26th 03 04:30 AM
Drywall screws for metal studs prone to strip, please help. andy everett Home Repair 2 August 23rd 03 07:10 PM