Posted to alt.home.repair
John H.

Default window replacement

Hi
I want to replace the windows in my house. Can anyone point me to a good
website or publication that goes into detail just how to do this? How to
measure for the new one, ripping out the old etc...
The original windows are an aluminum frame type that has one horizontal pane
at the bottom and two vertical panes on top, with one that slides open.
Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

No , but I can suggest Consumer Reports for your selection, they tested
apx 33. Also a rating Cdf- condensing factor, often over looked is poor
on Pella LowEargon, something I regret every winter as my Andersons are
fine. One thing 1/8" out on plumb, level or square is the max or your
warranty is void from day 1 , some may even be 1/16th"

Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK

"m Ransley"

No , but I can suggest Consumer Reports for your selection, they tested
apx 33. Also a rating Cdf- condensing factor, often over looked is poor
on Pella LowEargon, something I regret every winter as my Andersons are
fine. One thing 1/8" out on plumb, level or square is the max or your
warranty is void from day 1 , some may even be 1/16th"

When was the test in CR. I have not been getting the magazine for the last
few months.

There was an article while back, at least a year or so. Is that what you're
reffering to?

Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley