Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

Default Trane central gas furnace question

I have a Trane YCC042 Gas heating and the ignitor wouldn't work so I
found the problem to be the thermal fuse was bad. This unit is about 11
years old and hasn't given any past problems. Does anyone know what the
usual problem is for this unit to blow the thermal fuse ? I know that
excessive heat blows it and it's a safety fuse but what might be the
actual cause ?? I didn't see any holes or rust in the burner area.

Joey
Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

"Joey" wrote in message

I have a Trane YCC042 Gas heating and the ignitor wouldn't work so I found
the problem to be the thermal fuse was bad. This unit is about 11 years
old and hasn't given any past problems. Does anyone know what the usual
problem is for this unit to blow the thermal fuse ? I know that excessive
heat blows it and it's a safety fuse but what might be the actual cause ??
I didn't see any holes or rust in the burner area.

Joey

What did the Trane technician tell you?

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

whatever it is, the same defect will melt a piece of solder jumper to
failure.
dirty burners? blocked flue? failed updraft blower?
refer to manual.

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD

"Joey" wrote in message

I have a Trane YCC042 Gas heating and the ignitor wouldn't work so I
found the problem to be the thermal fuse was bad. This unit is about

11
years old and hasn't given any past problems. Does anyone know what

the
usual problem is for this unit to blow the thermal fuse ? I know that
excessive heat blows it and it's a safety fuse but what might be the
actual cause ?? I didn't see any holes or rust in the burner area.

Joey

What did the Trane technician tell you?

LOL

This group is for helping people---you must be mixed up and think that
you're in the alt.hvac group

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

First of all I didn't know there was a group for just A/C/Heating,
that's news to me. I didn't call a Trane serviceman, I replaced the
thermal fuse myself but before I did that I took the air compresser and
blew out the tubes behind the burner. A little rust came out but very
little. After replacing the thermal fuse I let the unit run 20 minutes
and watched the four burners with a mirror. They were all burning
evenly. The motor was working fine. I've closed it back up but I still
wonder WHAT could cause it to get hot enough below the burners to trip
that thermal fuse ???? I was hoping a Trane expert might see my post.

Joey

buffalobill wrote:
whatever it is, the same defect will melt a piece of solder jumper to
failure.
dirty burners? blocked flue? failed updraft blower?
refer to manual.

Posted to alt.home.repair
TURTLE

this is Turtle.

with the Info you give here it just does not give enough info to try to
make a guess at best.

I would suggest calling a Local professiona HVAC company and have them
check it out.

TURTLE

Posted to alt.home.repair
TURTLE

this is Turtle.

It sure is great to be able to de-grade those customer that would not
call you first and not just look it over to see about the problem. I
don't share your hatred for these customers but if you like to, Go for
it.

TURTLE