Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick

Default Rebuilt galvanized water pipe"

wrote in message
I had a water pipe spring a leak. The plumber replaced that piece.
He said my pipes are old and should be replaced with new copper

pipe.
I have galvanized pipe now. I think thats overkill and far too
expensive.

I think I just need to get my pipes rebuilt. I'd be willing to take
them apart and send the pipes in for rebuilding. I looked in the
yellow pages but can not find any pipe rebuilders. I suppose I will
have to ship them by UPSm but I need a place to send them.

I dont need them polished, just repair all the pits and dents, and
check for holes,

Find an old water heater that someone has thrown out. Remove the sheet
metal and insulation so the galvanized surface of the tank is exposed.

Set the tank in the middle of the basment.

Get a long set of jumper cables. Connect the + side of your car
battery to the tank, the - side to the plumbing.

Spread a few pounds of salt on the floor.

Fill the basement with water until the pipes are submerged.

Electrolysis will remove the zinc from the water heater tank and plate
the pipes. Don't forget to open a few windows upstairs to let out any
gases formed...

Rebuilt galvanized water pipe" JohnH Home Repair 0 November 16th 05 09:05 PM
Rebuilt galvanized water pipe" louie Home Repair 3 November 16th 05 06:28 PM
Water Softeners, good or bad?? Martin Hirsch Home Repair 23 July 14th 04 03:27 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM