Posted to alt.home.repair
Adam Russell

Default dishwasher not rinsing well

I have an insinkerator dishwasher thats getting on the old side. It's
started not rinsing the soap off very well. I notice that the soap cup in
the door still has a good amount of undissolved soap in it even when it
finishes. I called the company and they dont support dishwashers anymore.
Is there anything I can do for it short of calling an appliance repairguy or
buying a new one?

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"Adam Russell" wrote in message
I have an insinkerator dishwasher thats getting on the old side. It's
started not rinsing the soap off very well. I notice that the soap cup in
the door still has a good amount of undissolved soap in it even when it
finishes. I called the company and they dont support dishwashers anymore.
Is there anything I can do for it short of calling an appliance repairguy

or
buying a new one?

I had the same problem intermittently with an older washer.
You could try a quart of vinegar in the unit, no soap and full wash. See if
that helps.
If not there might be a blockage in the screen in the bottom of the washer.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Adam Russell" wrote in message
I have an insinkerator dishwasher thats getting on the old side. It's
started not rinsing the soap off very well. I notice that the soap cup in
the door still has a good amount of undissolved soap in it even when it
finishes. I called the company and they dont support dishwashers anymore.
Is there anything I can do for it short of calling an appliance repairguy
or buying a new one?

Two thoughts:

1) Have you tried running a dishwasher cleaning product in the machine? By
that, I mean a product intended to remove any soap or mineral buildup in the
system itself. I just saw an ad for one made by whatever company makes Jet
Dry, the rinse agent, so you should be able to find it at the supermarket.

2) Water temperatu Does your dishwasher get its water via a connection to
the hot water pipe under the sink? If yes, think about this: If you haven't
run the hot water at the sink for a couple of hours, and then you do, how
long does it take for the cold water to become hot at the tap? If it seems
like a couple of gallons go by before it gets hot, your dishwasher may not
be filling with hot water. Some machines only use 2-3 gallons at a time, so
the water could be lukewarm or cold instead of hot. Run the sink faucet
until the water is hot, then start the dishwasher.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Adam Russell" wrote in message
I have an insinkerator dishwasher thats getting on the old side. It's
started not rinsing the soap off very well. I notice that the soap cup in
the door still has a good amount of undissolved soap in it even when it
finishes. I called the company and they dont support dishwashers anymore.
Is there anything I can do for it short of calling an appliance repairguy
or buying a new one?

Undisolved soap is an indicator of two things. The water temperature may
not be getting high enough. Most machines have an element to boost the
temperature and yours may not be working.

It is also possible it is not getting enough water circulation to clean out
the soap cups. If that is the case, it will not clean and rinse as well.

Assuming the spray arms are not clogged, check any filter screen, but it is
also possible the pump is wearing out and not putting out the pressure
needed to do a good job. In that case, the repair is going to be at least
half the cost of a new machine and it may not bring it back to full power
anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle

Also check to see if it is filling up with enough water. It should be about
an inch or so from the heating element. You could have a clogged water
valve.

"Adam Russell" wrote in message
I have an insinkerator dishwasher thats getting on the old side. It's
started not rinsing the soap off very well. I notice that the soap cup in
the door still has a good amount of undissolved soap in it even when it
finishes. I called the company and they dont support dishwashers anymore.
Is there anything I can do for it short of calling an appliance repairguy
or buying a new one?

Posted to alt.home.repair
HarryS

"Cliff Hartle" wrote in message
Also check to see if it is filling up with enough water. It should be
about an inch or so from the heating element. You could have a clogged
water valve.

"Adam Russell" wrote in message
I have an insinkerator dishwasher thats getting on the old side. It's
started not rinsing the soap off very well. I notice that the soap cup in
the door still has a good amount of undissolved soap in it even when it
finishes. I called the company and they dont support dishwashers anymore.
Is there anything I can do for it short of calling an appliance repairguy
or buying a new one?

I had this same problem once and it was a clogged or weak water valve. The
dishwasher wasn't getting enough water to fill completely. Put in a new
valve and the problem was cured.

connecting water supply to new dishwasher Bill Home Repair 4 August 3rd 05 02:23 AM
dishwasher relocation Fred Home Repair 1 July 4th 05 09:32 PM
GE Dishwasher not draining problem Licensed to Quill Electronics Repair 7 June 27th 04 02:42 PM
Dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle Kamal Home Repair 4 January 10th 04 05:08 AM
Dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle Kamal Home Repair 0 December 22nd 03 03:30 PM