bev bev is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Central heating help !!

I have a problem with my central heating.
I have a gas bolier system and am having some problems getting the heating to work downstairs.
I have hot water and the radiators upstairs are working - although one of them isn't particlualrly hot, but all of the ones downstairs are stone cold.

Please help me with any ideas you may have to get it going again as i am freezing !!

I have bled all the radiators downstairs until the water comes out.

P.s - they are all turned on !!

Thank you

Bev
Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

Default Central heating help !!

bev wrote:

I have a problem with my central heating.

SNIP

If in UK, cross-post to this group as well: UK.D-I-Y

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
rastus

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:16:43 +0000, bev wrote:

I have a problem with my central heating.
I have a gas bolier system and am having some problems getting the
heating to work downstairs.
I have hot water and the radiators upstairs are working - although one
of them isn't particlualrly hot, but all of the ones downstairs are
stone cold.

Please help me with any ideas you may have to get it going again as i
am freezing !!

I have bled all the radiators downstairs until the water comes out.

P.s - they are all turned on !!

Thank you

Bev

If you have zone valves, make sure they are opening.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You obviously are not well-versed in the design and operation of the
system, so the best advice would be: call service tech. (Relying on
whomever/wherever on the planet to tell you how to do this is not a
good idea.)

Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bev
I have a problem with my central heating.
I have a gas bolier system and am having some problems getting the heating to work downstairs.
I have hot water and the radiators upstairs are working - although one of them isn't particlualrly hot, but all of the ones downstairs are stone cold.

Please help me with any ideas you may have to get it going again as i am freezing !!

I have bled all the radiators downstairs until the water comes out.

P.s - they are all turned on !!

Thank you

Bev

may be a weak pump??? need to know more about your system type

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

bev wrote:
I have a problem with my central heating.
I have a gas bolier system and am having some problems getting the
heating to work downstairs.
I have hot water and the radiators upstairs are working - although one
of them isn't particlualrly hot, but all of the ones downstairs are
stone cold.

Please help me with any ideas you may have to get it going again as i
am freezing !!

I have bled all the radiators downstairs until the water comes out.

P.s - they are all turned on !!

Thank you

Bev

More info is needed before you can get any useful answers here, Bev.

Let us know:

Are there separate thermostats for the upstairs and downstairs?

Do you know what a circulator pump looks like? If you do, tell us how
many there are associated with the boiler. If you don't, then give up
and call up a pro.

Based on your answers, someone here may be able to tell you what to look
for and check next.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan

"bev" wrote in message

I have a problem with my central heating.
I have a gas bolier system and am having some problems getting the
heating to work downstairs.
I have hot water and the radiators upstairs are working - although one
of them isn't particlualrly hot, but all of the ones downstairs are
stone cold.

Is the circulator running?