miamicuse

Default Coax cable for component video?

I found this:

http://www.canare.com/index.cfm?obje...6EAA573F61D64E

Looking at the V3-5CFB cable, does it mean it is a single RG6 cable but
contains all three video cables needed for component video in one single run
and at the end you split those into three different connectors?

Just started looking into the subject and wonder if I should make my own
cable or buy long ones for in-wall attic runs.

MC

Abe

http://www.canare.com/index.cfm?obje...6EAA573F61D64E
Looking at the V3-5CFB cable, does it mean it is a single RG6 cable but
contains all three video cables needed for component video in one single run
and at the end you split those into three different connectors?
Just started looking into the subject and wonder if I should make my own
cable or buy long ones for in-wall attic runs.

Looks like 3 complete RG6 cables all inside a single sheath to me.

Bishoop

"miamicuse" wrote in message
I found this:

http://www.canare.com/index.cfm?obje...6EAA573F61D64E

Looking at the V3-5CFB cable, does it mean it is a single RG6 cable but
contains all three video cables needed for component video in one single
run
and at the end you split those into three different connectors?

Just started looking into the subject and wonder if I should make my own
cable or buy long ones for in-wall attic runs.

MC

It's not a single "RG-6" cable, it's a cable that contains 3, 75 ohm cables,
that are "similar" to RG-6. RG-6 is a single 75 ohm cable.

The cable that you have referenced would be fine for running component video
lines. Also as you suggest you would terminate the three internal cables at
each end with RCA type connectors.

miamicuse

Will I be better off running three RG6 cables myself and make my own RCA
connectors? It will be the same price even if I pay for the compression
tool and stripper myself. Seems it will be a better way to go unless these
special cables have some magic properties that will prevent signal loss
compared to home made RG6.

MC

"Bishoop" wrote in message

"miamicuse" wrote in message
[...]

Large Marge

miamicuse wrote:
Will I be better off running three RG6 cables myself and make my own RCA
connectors? It will be the same price even if I pay for the compression
tool and stripper myself. Seems it will be a better way to go unless these
special cables have some magic properties that will prevent signal loss
compared to home made RG6.

MC

http://revision3.com/systm/avcabling/

Rod & Betty Jo

"miamicuse" wrote in message
Will I be better off running three RG6 cables myself and make my own RCA
connectors? It will be the same price even if I pay for the compression
tool and stripper myself. Seems it will be a better way to go unless
these
special cables have some magic properties that will prevent signal loss
compared to home made RG6.

MC

I ran 50ft lines (RG6/RCA connectors) from my PC to my VCR/
receiver.....works fine. Although I have a non cable related hum problem if
I use certain household plug ins...with others even with a crappy extension
cord no hum...pretty odd........Rod