Bishoop

Default Coax cable for component video?

"miamicuse" wrote in message
I found this:

http://www.canare.com/index.cfm?obje...6EAA573F61D64E

Looking at the V3-5CFB cable, does it mean it is a single RG6 cable but
contains all three video cables needed for component video in one single
run
and at the end you split those into three different connectors?

Just started looking into the subject and wonder if I should make my own
cable or buy long ones for in-wall attic runs.

MC

It's not a single "RG-6" cable, it's a cable that contains 3, 75 ohm cables,
that are "similar" to RG-6. RG-6 is a single 75 ohm cable.

The cable that you have referenced would be fine for running component video
lines. Also as you suggest you would terminate the three internal cables at
each end with RCA type connectors.