SteveB

Default computer problem

I have this computer in my house. I have a problem, and want to repair it.
So, I'm here.

On its own, my computer started displaying web pictures that look very
rough. Not much detail. Off colors. You can tell what the picture is, but
it is like a mosaic of the picture.

How do I correct this display?

Steve

Doug Kanter

"SteveB" wrote in message
I have this computer in my house. I have a problem, and want to repair it.
So, I'm here.

On its own, my computer started displaying web pictures that look very
rough. Not much detail. Off colors. You can tell what the picture is,
but it is like a mosaic of the picture.

How do I correct this display?

Steve

Pictures where? On the desktop? Within your web browser?

SteveB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
I have this computer in my house. I have a problem, and want to repair
it. So, I'm here.

On its own, my computer started displaying web pictures that look very
rough. Not much detail. Off colors. You can tell what the picture is,
but it is like a mosaic of the picture.

How do I correct this display?

Steve

Pictures where? On the desktop? Within your web browser?

Within browser. Like MSN home page. Some pictures are okay, and some are
mosaic looking.

Steve

Colbyt

"SteveB" wrote in message
I have this computer in my house. I have a problem, and want to repair

it.
So, I'm here.

On its own, my computer started displaying web pictures that look very
rough. Not much detail. Off colors. You can tell what the picture is,

but
it is like a mosaic of the picture.

How do I correct this display?

Steve

Right click on the desktop, select properties and then the settings tab.
Select the highest setting your system can handle. The symptoms you describe
are low resolution color settings. 256 is about the minimum to get decent
color pictures.

OTH your display card may have gone bad.

Colbyt

Bob

"SteveB" wrote in message
I have this computer in my house. I have a problem, and

want to repair it.
So, I'm here.

On its own, my computer started displaying web pictures

that look very
rough. Not much detail. Off colors. You can tell what

the picture is, but
it is like a mosaic of the picture.

How do I correct this display?

Did you just install a "Web Accelerator"? If so, you can
probably right click on pictures and download the full
resolution image. Or, disable the "web accelerator".

Bob

evodawg

SteveB wrote:

I have this computer in my house. I have a problem, and want to repair
it. So, I'm here.

On its own, my computer started displaying web pictures that look very
rough. Not much detail. Off colors. You can tell what the picture is,
but it is like a mosaic of the picture.

How do I correct this display?

Steve

Get a Mac or install LINUX on it!

Rich haahhahaha

--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Jim McLaughlin

Wrong group for an effective answer. Suggest you try:

24hoursupport.helpdesk

Yes, that is a usenetr group. Its not an alt. or a sci. or a rec. Just
type it it as set out above

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.
"SteveB" wrote in message
I have this computer in my house. I have a problem, and want to repair

it.
So, I'm here.

On its own, my computer started displaying web pictures that look very
rough. Not much detail. Off colors. You can tell what the picture is,

but
it is like a mosaic of the picture.

How do I correct this display?

Steve

Todd H.

"SteveB" writes:

Within browser. Like MSN home page. Some pictures are okay, and some are
mosaic looking.

Sounds like someone or something has reset your video driver to a
really shallow color depth (like 16 colors of 256 colors).

Go into Control Panel Display and find the settin for number of
colors (exact location depends on your versio nof windows), and bump
it up to as high a number as allowed.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Doug Kanter

"Todd H." wrote in message ...
"SteveB" writes:

Within browser. Like MSN home page. Some pictures are okay, and some
are
mosaic looking.

Sounds like someone or something has reset your video driver to a
really shallow color depth (like 16 colors of 256 colors).

Some badly behaved games will do that. I wonder if he's got kiddies in the
house.