Jason Rogers

Default meter can installation

I'm mounting a new meter can and running 4/0 through the knock-out in the
back of the can and directly inside through an 18" brick wall. Do I need
anything like a knock-out plug for the back of the box or can I just run
the wire through the knock-out hole.

If anything, I'd be worried about water getting back down through that hole.

thanks,
-jason
RBM

If your running service entrance cable you need service entrance cable
connectors, if your using PVC, you need PVC connectors. You never just run
cables or conductors through an open knockout, Especially into an unfused
meter pan

"Jason Rogers" wrote in message
I'm mounting a new meter can and running 4/0 through the knock-out in the
back of the can and directly inside through an 18" brick wall. Do I need
anything like a knock-out plug for the back of the box or can I just run
the wire through the knock-out hole.

If anything, I'd be worried about water getting back down through that
hole.

thanks,
-jason

SQLit

"Jason Rogers" wrote in message
I'm mounting a new meter can and running 4/0 through the knock-out in the
back of the can and directly inside through an 18" brick wall. Do I need
anything like a knock-out plug for the back of the box or can I just run
the wire through the knock-out hole.

If anything, I'd be worried about water getting back down through that

hole.

thanks,
-jason

Where I live, because this is the electrical service you would need to
install a metal nipple between the meter can and the panel inside, along
with the bond bushings.

Every jurisdiction and utility are slightly different from locality to
locality. Get a local pro to point you in the correct direction.

Chantecler Windows and Doors Brian White Home Repair 3 June 6th 16 11:22 PM
Update ? Meter to test thermoelectric potential of unknown metal Bill Janssen Metalworking 0 October 13th 05 12:05 AM
Gas meter regulations Chris UK diy 11 April 20th 05 05:49 PM
munet digital electric watthour meter login problem INTERESTING TECHNOLOGY! jack morgan Home Repair 0 November 15th 03 07:21 PM
Huge water bill; freeze; meter failure; who should pay? Scoot Home Repair 10 July 22nd 03 02:51 AM