Bill Janssen

Default Update ? Meter to test thermoelectric potential of unknown metal

Bill Janssen wrote:

My scrap yard friend had/has a meter with two probes that when applied
to an unknown metal will, from the needle defection, tell what the
metal might be.
I assume it measures the thermoelectric effect The meter is seriously
damaged and is
probably not repairable

Their meter is now broken and they asked me to repair or find another.
The broken one was manufactured by Chemet Products of San Francisco.
That company seems to no longer exist.

So, does anyone know of a similar meter. I don't even know how to search
on Google for such a device. Mainly I don't know what to call it.

Bill K7NOM

Ok I figured out that the meter was made by Triplett and is similar to
their model
820. So I called triplett and talked to a nice lady that had me look for
a 49-xxxxx number.
When given that, she said that it was a special movement and was made
for Chemet and also
Triplett had made some more for Parfait's Technical Enterprises as
recently as April.
She even had a phone number

I called Parfait's and Lloyd Parfait said he had bought the company and
was still
producing the meters. So now it is up to my friend at the scrap yard to
purchase another
meter. I didn't pay too much attention to the price but it was a little
over $300.00.

So I am now out the the meter repair business.

Bill K7NOM

? Meter to test thermoelectric potential of unknown metal Bill Janssen Metalworking 24 October 12th 05 04:48 AM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Gas meter test point David Hearn UK diy 8 January 27th 04 03:08 PM
munet digital electric watthour meter login problem INTERESTING TECHNOLOGY! jack morgan Home Repair 0 November 15th 03 07:21 PM
test for Jimbo dale Metalworking 3 November 13th 03 05:52 PM