Ken

Default Submersible Pump Problems

I just bought a older home is a Juccuzi submersible well pump. About 2
weeks ago the capacitor went bad. I installed a new one no big deal
until this morning I woke up with out water again. I went and check the
capacitor and It was bad again. I have since replaced it twice today
and the pump runs for about 15 minutes and then blows the capacitor.
And ideas on what the problem is? Any help would be greatly great.
Thanks

Ross Mac

"Ken" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a older home is a Juccuzi submersible well pump. About 2
weeks ago the capacitor went bad. I installed a new one no big deal
until this morning I woke up with out water again. I went and check the
capacitor and It was bad again. I have since replaced it twice today
and the pump runs for about 15 minutes and then blows the capacitor.
And ideas on what the problem is? Any help would be greatly great.
Thanks

Sounds like the cap is "in circuit" all the time...
That would most likely mean the centrifugal start switch that opens up the
circuit and removes the cap from the circuit is not doing it's job....good
luck, Ross

Ross Mac

"Ross Mac" wrote in message

"Ken" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a older home is a Juccuzi submersible well pump. About 2
weeks ago the capacitor went bad. I installed a new one no big deal
until this morning I woke up with out water again. I went and check the
capacitor and It was bad again. I have since replaced it twice today
and the pump runs for about 15 minutes and then blows the capacitor.
And ideas on what the problem is? Any help would be greatly great.
Thanks

Sounds like the cap is "in circuit" all the time...
That would most likely mean the centrifugal start switch that opens up the
circuit and removes the cap from the circuit is not doing it's job....good
luck, Ross

I never mentioned how to test for the problem. Put your volt meter across
the cap, if possible, and turn on the motor and you should see the line
voltage.In a few seconds you should see the voltage drop......Ross

Several things wrong with new flat - no central heating, low hot water pressure even with water pump, noisey pump kiich UK diy 69 July 13th 05 07:36 PM
Submersible Well Pump SMC Home Repair 2 June 18th 05 04:11 PM
Shallow Well Pump Problems. Saml Home Repair 6 May 13th 05 04:04 PM
Carrier Heat Pump Control Problems Art Renkes Home Repair 4 November 2nd 04 12:03 AM
Problems with Geothermal Heat Pump Systems David Alexander Home Repair 1 July 28th 04 05:37 AM