DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Submersible Pump Problems (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/129111-submersible-pump-problems.html)

Ken November 13th 05 03:45 AM

Submersible Pump Problems

I just bought a older home is a Juccuzi submersible well pump. About 2
weeks ago the capacitor went bad. I installed a new one no big deal
until this morning I woke up with out water again. I went and check the
capacitor and It was bad again. I have since replaced it twice today
and the pump runs for about 15 minutes and then blows the capacitor.
And ideas on what the problem is? Any help would be greatly great.
Thanks

Ross Mac November 13th 05 01:30 PM

Submersible Pump Problems

"Ken" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a older home is a Juccuzi submersible well pump. About 2
weeks ago the capacitor went bad. I installed a new one no big deal
until this morning I woke up with out water again. I went and check the
capacitor and It was bad again. I have since replaced it twice today
and the pump runs for about 15 minutes and then blows the capacitor.
And ideas on what the problem is? Any help would be greatly great.
Thanks

Sounds like the cap is "in circuit" all the time...
That would most likely mean the centrifugal start switch that opens up the
circuit and removes the cap from the circuit is not doing it's job....good
luck, Ross

Ross Mac November 13th 05 01:36 PM

Submersible Pump Problems

"Ross Mac" wrote in message

"Ken" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a older home is a Juccuzi submersible well pump. About 2
weeks ago the capacitor went bad. I installed a new one no big deal
until this morning I woke up with out water again. I went and check the
capacitor and It was bad again. I have since replaced it twice today
and the pump runs for about 15 minutes and then blows the capacitor.
And ideas on what the problem is? Any help would be greatly great.
Thanks

Sounds like the cap is "in circuit" all the time...
That would most likely mean the centrifugal start switch that opens up the
circuit and removes the cap from the circuit is not doing it's job....good
luck, Ross

I never mentioned how to test for the problem. Put your volt meter across
the cap, if possible, and turn on the motor and you should see the line
voltage.In a few seconds you should see the voltage drop......Ross