Tony Karp

Default Problem with concrete and grading

We just had a concrete patio poured adjoining our house.

There was supposed to have been a grade of at least 1 degree away from the
house, so that water would run off towards the edge of the patio, away from the
house.

It seems that they poured it, and smoothed it etc, with no grade, or a slight
grade towards the house.

Is there any way to build up the concrete to create the correct grade?

Or is there another way to fix this?

SQLit

"Tony Karp" tkarpATtlcDASHsystems.com@ wrote in message
We just had a concrete patio poured adjoining our house.

There was supposed to have been a grade of at least 1 degree away from the
house, so that water would run off towards the edge of the patio, away

from the
house.

It seems that they poured it, and smoothed it etc, with no grade, or a

slight
grade towards the house.

Is there any way to build up the concrete to create the correct grade?

Or is there another way to fix this?

Hope you did not pay them yet.

Really no easy way to fix "no slope" concrete.
You could always lay tile or stone on top and slope the mud accordingly.
Not exactly cost effective.

Add topping, grind down, tear out.
As SQLit notes . no easy way.
TB

I hope you have it in writing that it is supposed to slope away from
the house.

"I hope you have it in writing that it is supposed to slope away from
the house. "

He probably doesn't, as that level of detail is usually not specified
in a simple patio job. However, this is such an obvious and well known
concept that the homeowner would very likely win in court. He hired a
professional who he is relying on to do the job correctly. This would
be like taking your car to the mechanic for a new water pump and then
finding it leaking because the guy did not use a new gasket because you
didn't tell him to do so. Plus,.I'm sure there are building codes that
cover this too.

m Ransley

I hope you didnt pay "Hack Boys Concrete Co"