Pat in Atlanta

Default Vac Recommendation Needed

I need a vacuum cleaner to pick up kitty litter that my cats paw out onto a
hard surfaced floor that has to be vacuumed at least twice a day. Something
lightweight and easy for an old lady to use. I now use a Bissell 3-Way
Bagless that doesn't do much other than scatter the litter. Thank you for
any comments.

Patrick Cleburne

"Pat in Atlanta" wrote in message
. ..
I need a vacuum cleaner to pick up kitty litter that my cats paw out onto a
hard surfaced floor that has to be vacuumed at least twice a day.
Something
lightweight and easy for an old lady to use. I now use a Bissell 3-Way
Bagless that doesn't do much other than scatter the litter. Thank you for
any comments.

Forget the vacuum, get rid of the cat. Take him over to Buford Highway--
the Chinese restaurants will pay you for him....yum!

Pat

badgolferman

Pat in Atlanta, 11/11/2005,7:51:34 AM, wrote:

I need a vacuum cleaner to pick up kitty litter that my cats paw out
onto a hard surfaced floor that has to be vacuumed at least twice a
day. Something lightweight and easy for an old lady to use. I now
use a Bissell 3-Way Bagless that doesn't do much other than scatter
the litter. Thank you for any comments.

Nothing works better than a small broom and dustpan.

--
"Golf and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at
them." -- Jimmy DeMaret
m Ransley

Cheap , get a broom and dustpan, $5. 99 Or a central unit basement
mounted with floor returns 1000.00$

wkearney99

I need a vacuum cleaner to pick up kitty litter that my cats paw out onto
hard surfaced floor that has to be vacuumed at least twice a day.

Get one of those litter box mats. I stuck them in front of our boxes and
it's really cut down on the amount of stray litter. And if you're not
already doing so, consider a covered litter box. That and the smaller
clumping style litter as it's much easier to keep clean.

Something lightweight and easy for an old lady to use. I now use a

Bissell 3-Way
Bagless that doesn't do much other than scatter the litter.

I use the hose attachment on our Sebo vacuum. Most all rotating beater
heads will scatter the litter. Also consider using those wet-wipe swiffer
mops. Those work great for picking up stray bits of litter.

Joseph Meehan

Pat in Atlanta wrote:
I need a vacuum cleaner to pick up kitty litter that my cats paw out
onto a hard surfaced floor that has to be vacuumed at least twice a
day. Something lightweight and easy for an old lady to use. I now
use a Bissell 3-Way Bagless that doesn't do much other than scatter
the litter. Thank you for any comments.

Frankly I don't know what works easier, or quieter than a broom.

You may want to try what I have. The area around the box has a
commercial type entry rug. Yea, a real one, not a cheap WallyWorld version.
It really works.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

wkearney99

Nothing works better than a small broom and dustpan.

Actually for the newer clumping style litter that doesn't work as well.
There's a fine dust from the litter doesn't sweep up that well. Those
swiffer-type wet mops work great at picking it up. They're an overpriced
racket for anything other than spot cleaning work. That and get a
tupperware-style container to store them. The box they come in seems
designed to do nothing more than dry them out quick once you've opened it.

Terry

Pat in Atlanta wrote:

I need a vacuum cleaner to pick up kitty litter that my cats paw out onto a
hard surfaced floor that has to be vacuumed at least twice a day. Something
lightweight and easy for an old lady to use. I now use a Bissell 3-Way
Bagless that doesn't do much other than scatter the litter. Thank you for
any comments.

Any canister vacuum with a disposable bag will do a good job. Find the
lightest one you can. Avoid bagless vacuums for this job, as the fine
dust will go right through them.

Unfortunately, the hand-held vacs (such as dust-buster) don't have
enough suction to work well, in my experience.

A broom, as suggested by others, works well on smooth floors. But for
tile floors, or vinyl floors that have a texture, a broom is useless
for cat litter.

T.

HeyBub

Pat in Atlanta wrote:
I need a vacuum cleaner to pick up kitty litter that my cats paw out
onto a hard surfaced floor that has to be vacuumed at least twice a
day. Something lightweight and easy for an old lady to use. I now
use a Bissell 3-Way Bagless that doesn't do much other than scatter
the litter. Thank you for any comments.

Dustbuster.

Put box on carpet patch.

Get a deeper box.

Pat in Atlanta wrote:
I need a vacuum cleaner to pick up kitty litter that my cats paw out onto a
hard surfaced floor that has to be vacuumed at least twice a day. Something
lightweight and easy for an old lady to use. I now use a Bissell 3-Way
Bagless that doesn't do much other than scatter the litter. Thank you for
any comments.

Another option comes to mind...

You might want to check into this: http://www.bonsaikitten.com

citygirl

I have one of the newer dustbusters that cleans up both wet and dry
things and it works WONDERS. You'll probably want to clean out the
filter every time you vacuum cat litter but it really does work.

--
citygirl
citygirl's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=166

BobK207

Pat-

I would suggest the very small Sop Vac 1X1

http://www.shopvac.com/web/products/...ex&Browse=1hps

get one of the better filters for it, unfotunately doens't look like a
HEPA filter is availabe for this little vac

I assume you want a small vac

cheers
Bob

http://cgi.ebay.com/1X1-SERIES-WET-D...QQcmdZViewItem

I know this doesn't entirely solve your problem, but I thought I'd pass
it along. My mom had problems for years dealing with cats kicking
litter out of the box, culminating in a new habit where one of the cats
would enter the box and pee back out the doorway.

The solution she finally hit on was so simple, and it completely solved
all of her problems. She bought one of those Rubbermaid 30gal
rectangular plastic tubs, and filled the bottom few inches with kitty
litter. The sides are easily low enough for the cats to jump over, but
too high for them to pee or kick litter over. She doesn't even need a
mat around it now.

Suzie-Q

In article ,
"Pat in Atlanta" wrote:

- I need a vacuum cleaner to pick up kitty litter that my cats paw out onto a
- hard surfaced floor that has to be vacuumed at least twice a day. Something
- lightweight and easy for an old lady to use. I now use a Bissell 3-Way
- Bagless that doesn't do much other than scatter the litter. Thank you for
- any comments.

Is there some reason a broom and dustpan wouldn't work.
--
8^\~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/

Doug Kanter

"citygirl" wrote in message

I have one of the newer dustbusters that cleans up both wet and dry
things and it works WONDERS. You'll probably want to clean out the
filter every time you vacuum cat litter but it really does work.

How long have you had yours? Is the battery still recharging dependably?