Terry

Default Vac Recommendation Needed

Pat in Atlanta wrote:

I need a vacuum cleaner to pick up kitty litter that my cats paw out onto a
hard surfaced floor that has to be vacuumed at least twice a day. Something
lightweight and easy for an old lady to use. I now use a Bissell 3-Way
Bagless that doesn't do much other than scatter the litter. Thank you for
any comments.

Any canister vacuum with a disposable bag will do a good job. Find the
lightest one you can. Avoid bagless vacuums for this job, as the fine
dust will go right through them.

Unfortunately, the hand-held vacs (such as dust-buster) don't have
enough suction to work well, in my experience.

A broom, as suggested by others, works well on smooth floors. But for
tile floors, or vinyl floors that have a texture, a broom is useless
for cat litter.

T.