Boots

Default well preasure tank question

how much air pressure should you have in pressure tank for a
well?

--
boots

JimR

"Boots" wrote in message
how much air pressure should you have in pressure tank for a
well?

--
boots

Concidently, we just had a pressure tank problem solved last Friday. The
tech doing the work had to install a new tank to replace one with a broken
bladder. Our pump cuts in at 40 psi, shuts off at 60 psi. The tech set the
precharge in the tank at 35 psi -- the spec calls for 2 psi below the pump
start pressure, but the tech said he preferred to have a slightly larger
margin. Regards --

Harry K

JimR wrote:
"Boots" wrote in message
how much air pressure should you have in pressure tank for a
well?

--
boots

Concidently, we just had a pressure tank problem solved last Friday. The
tech doing the work had to install a new tank to replace one with a broken
bladder. Our pump cuts in at 40 psi, shuts off at 60 psi. The tech set the
precharge in the tank at 35 psi -- the spec calls for 2 psi below the pump
start pressure, but the tech said he preferred to have a slightly larger
margin. Regards --

Yes, 2psi below cut-in (with tank empty) is correct but it isn't
critical. All the pre-charge does is provide a 'spring' for the system
to operate against. The 2psi optimizes pump run time. Difference
between 35 and 38 psi would probably be non detectable without
precision measuring equipment. That said, I do have a problem with
techs and their "I prefer..." opinions vice what the manufacturer says.

Harry K

Hot Water Expansion Tank Overflowing Peter Cherry UK diy 8 November 20th 04 09:17 PM
Moving a Hot Water Cylinder & Cold Water Tank Andy Hide UK diy 1 November 11th 04 12:14 AM
Septic Tank Perk Test Question. Robert Martin Home Ownership 3 October 18th 04 05:10 PM
Leak in hot water tank Johnny UK diy 9 April 9th 04 07:28 PM
LP tank valve removal UPDATE Serial # 19781010 Metalworking 99 December 5th 03 03:14 PM