Robert11

Default "American" Gas Fired Water Heaters: Opinions On ?

Hello:

looks like I will be having my gas fired water heater replaced.
This is the normal cylindrical standing up type.

Independent from the furnace.

Keyspan (Boston area) apparently uses a brand called "American."
This is Not American Standard.

Have never heard of them.
Any opinions on ?

BTW: How's AO Smith these days for quality ?

Thanks,
Bob

m Ransley

AO has a commercial line but look into tankless to save operating costs
and get longest life, Rinnai and Takagi. can get up to 94% efficiency

Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert11
Hello:

looks like I will be having my gas fired water heater replaced.
This is the normal cylindrical standing up type.

Independent from the furnace.

Keyspan (Boston area) apparently uses a brand called "American."
This is Not American Standard.

Have never heard of them.
Any opinions on ?

BTW: How's AO Smith these days for quality ?

Thanks,
Bob
i would not worry too much about your water heater...i worked in the usa for 2 years as a gas tech.....it seems that the water heater systems are usually sturdy...they last about 15 years .....dont wait till it burst...replace it after its life expectancy has expired.... if your heater is not in the cellar id ensure that it is fitted in a leakage-spill container with overflow to avoid nasty water leaks

british homes are now getting bigger and we are finding that our wee combie boilers just do not supply enough hot water..we are adopting the USA system of water heating...we call them THERMAL STORES and UNVENTED HOT WATER SYSTEMS..