Default Need help with thermostat

I recently purchased a Honeywell RTH7500 to replace a Trane Baystat240.
I have a multistage electric heatpump and A/C. I was about to call my
local HVAC contractor to install it, when I had the idea of at least
reading the manual first and seeing how complicated the install would
be. The manual left me feeling like I could do it. (after all I am
not completly ignorant - just mostly). The wiring diagram looked
straight forward, this is what I came up with:

Baystat240 - Honeywell
red (R) - R
black (T) - not used
Orange(O) - O
Green (G) - G
Yellow(Y) - Y
Brown (X2) - E
Blue (B) - C
White (W) - Aux

Seemed real simple - and the problem that resulted seems like it may be
real simple: When the heat is on the thermostat - I get ac, and when
the ac is on I get heat. Is it time to follow my first instinct of
calling someone - or is this a simple silly-ass problem?

Thanks for the help

HeatMan

wrote in message
ups.com...
I recently purchased a Honeywell RTH7500 to replace a Trane Baystat240.
I have a multistage electric heatpump and A/C. I was about to call my
local HVAC contractor to install it, when I had the idea of at least
reading the manual first and seeing how complicated the install would
be. The manual left me feeling like I could do it. (after all I am
not completly ignorant - just mostly). The wiring diagram looked
straight forward, this is what I came up with:

Trane's a piece of garbage.

SOME of their equipment needs an interface board to be able to install a
'standard' thermostat. What's the model number of the equipment?

Baystat240 - Honeywell
red (R) - R
black (T) - not used
Orange(O) - O
Green (G) - G
Yellow(Y) - Y
Brown (X2) - E
Blue (B) - C
White (W) - Aux

Looks like you have a heat pump....

I actually got it working. Just a matter of entering the right code
for the type of system I have on the installer setup options on the
thermostat. All is well and my house is comfortable!!

Thanks