Madison Lapierre

Default Moen bathtub faucet has moved away from wall -- please help! - PDRM3689.JPG (0/1)

My Moen faucet has mysteriously moved away from the tile wall about
one-half inch. How do I get it back against the wall. The chrome
faucet (or faucet cover if you will) is very secure on the copper pipe
and see a set screw or anything holding it in the "out" position.

How do I fix it?!

(I have attached a photo.)

Thanks,
Maddy

Jeff Wisnia

Madison Lapierre wrote:

My Moen faucet has mysteriously moved away from the tile wall about
one-half inch. How do I get it back against the wall. The chrome
faucet (or faucet cover if you will) is very secure on the copper pipe
and see a set screw or anything holding it in the "out" position.

How do I fix it?!

(I have attached a photo.)

Thanks,
Maddy

You can't use attachment on this newsgroup, Maddy.

Try putting your photo up on one of the free picture hosting servers and
put a link to it in your posting here.

Is this a bathtub faucet?

I know this sounds hokey, but I thumbed in a little automotive Bondo to
secure the jiggly spout pipes and shower arms coming through the tile
walls on our three bathtubs, 'cause I just didn't like the feel of them
wiggling around and in and out whenever I had to handle them.

I rigged a brace to keep the tub sputs pushed firmly against the tile
while the Bondo cured, and that's where they've stayed. And the trim
rings on the shower arms now stay snug against the tile because the
shower arms don't push into the wall whenever someone reaches up to
adjust a shower head.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Carpenter

Madison Lapierre wrote:
My Moen faucet has mysteriously moved away from the tile wall about
one-half inch. How do I get it back against the wall. The chrome
faucet (or faucet cover if you will) is very secure on the copper pipe
and see a set screw or anything holding it in the "out" position.

How do I fix it?!

(I have attached a photo.)

Thanks,
Maddy

Half an inch? I would try to figure out why. Could be a very easy fix,
like replacing a loosened strap to keep the pipe in place. Perhaps
someone pulled on the faucet when getting in or out of the tub or
shower?

You should have an access door from the back wall. If not, is a good
time to make one, but call a plumber if this sounds overwhelming. There
is a (remote) possibility that this could turn into a broken pipe...

Good luck

Bruce Boyd

"Madison Lapierre" wrote in message

My Moen faucet has mysteriously moved away from the tile wall about
one-half inch. How do I get it back against the wall. The chrome
faucet (or faucet cover if you will) is very secure on the copper pipe
and see a set screw or anything holding it in the "out" position.

How do I fix it?!

(I have attached a photo.)

Thanks,
Maddy

Maddy,

Check again for a set screw on the bottom side nearest the wall. Our (Moen)
spout has a small
hex head set screw there and uses an o-ring to seal on the copper pipe.

Bruce

PipeDown

"Carpenter" wrote in message
oups.com...

Madison Lapierre wrote:
[...]

If you can't just shove it back in and have it stay, you can shorten the
pipe nipple from the elbow inside the wall and the back of the spigot. This
is not the best fix since the photo indicates that the elbow is loose and
now can bang against the back of the tile possibly breaking it.

Unscrew the spigot from the wall. Unscrew/Remove the brass nipple if it is
still in the wall. buy a shorter brass nipple and a new spigot (optional)
and reassemble.

The elbow in the wall should have been a "drop ear elbow" with integrated
screw holes to secure it to a stud or back wall. It sounds like the screws
were not installed or they pulled out. With the spigot removed you might be
able to peek in the hole and reach in with a screwdriver to set new longer
screws.

I liked Jeff's idea for bondo but you can also use household reapir patch
(probably is repackaged bondo) or a stiff expanding foam (easily cut away
later if a repair is needed) like what you use for doors and window
caulking.