Mikepier

Default twisted Delta shower body

Unbelievable that there was a topic on this when I did a search, so I
guess I'm not alone.
Long story short, I have a single handle Delta shower faucet that was
leaking. So in trying to remove the valve which would not budge, I
twisted the 3 little 3/8 tubes inside the shower body. I did get the
valve off and luckily when I put everything back, there were no leaks
from the shower body .The only thing is now my handle is off center.
Anotherwords to turn it off, you have to push down diagonally instead
of straight down.
My question is could I straighten the valve back by applying heat to
the 3 tubes to make them bend easy? And if I had to change the shower
body, how big of a hole do I need to cut out in the tile to change it?
Does Delta make extra large trim plates to cover the hole?

Speedy Jim

Mikepier wrote:
Unbelievable that there was a topic on this when I did a search, so I
guess I'm not alone.
Long story short, I have a single handle Delta shower faucet that was
leaking. So in trying to remove the valve which would not budge, I
twisted the 3 little 3/8 tubes inside the shower body. I did get the
valve off and luckily when I put everything back, there were no leaks
from the shower body .The only thing is now my handle is off center.
Anotherwords to turn it off, you have to push down diagonally instead
of straight down.
My question is could I straighten the valve back by applying heat to
the 3 tubes to make them bend easy? And if I had to change the shower
body, how big of a hole do I need to cut out in the tile to change it?
Does Delta make extra large trim plates to cover the hole?

Replace it. I would not trust one that had been repeatedly bent.

Yes, there is a larger "goof" plate to cover an opening.

Do you have access to the wall on the other side?
Bedroom? Closet? Hallway?
I'd rather chop a hole in the drywall than the tile
if possible.

Jim
Mikepier

No unfortunately this is in a apartment bldg on the 3rd floor, and the
shower body is on a brick outside wall, no access.
I was thinking just leaving it alone for now. Could it last for a while
like this?

replacing delta shower cartridge david Home Ownership 3 October 17th 05 08:03 PM
Shower bath mixer tap woes Andy UK diy 8 August 22nd 05 03:43 PM
How to fix/seal plastic shower stall Actor123 Home Repair 0 February 4th 05 10:23 PM
Shower screen grumble... David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 September 5th 03 05:49 PM
Thoughts from the shower #1 BigWallop UK diy 0 July 26th 03 05:30 PM