Eric

Default programmable thermostat

Can anyone recommend a decent residential programmable thermostat for
heating and cooling? I've got a Hunter model 44260 and its a piece of junk!
Its very annoying to program and it blinks various things (symbols and
numbers) that you cant understand without a manual, its a horrible piece of
crap. I've got a Gas hot air furnace and whole-house air-conditioner system
run off the same thermostat. The batteries are lose in the holder and if
they disconnect for a fraction of a second the whole program is lost.
I really want a decent programmable thermostat with day and night settings
for heating and colling.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
Eric

RBM

The three big names are Honeywell, White Rogers, and Robertshaw. All make
decent thermostats of various types and abilities, but my personal
preference is White Rogers, they're reasonably priced unlike Honeywell,
they're fairly easy to program and they last

"Eric" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a decent residential programmable thermostat for
heating and cooling? I've got a Hunter model 44260 and its a piece of
junk!
Its very annoying to program and it blinks various things (symbols and
numbers) that you cant understand without a manual, its a horrible piece
of
crap. I've got a Gas hot air furnace and whole-house air-conditioner
system
run off the same thermostat. The batteries are lose in the holder and if
they disconnect for a fraction of a second the whole program is lost.
I really want a decent programmable thermostat with day and night settings
for heating and colling.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
Eric

Eric

"Eric" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a decent residential programmable thermostat for
heating and cooling? I've got a Hunter model 44260 and its a piece of
junk!
Its very annoying to program and it blinks various things (symbols and
numbers) that you cant understand without a manual, its a horrible piece
of
crap. I've got a Gas hot air furnace and whole-house air-conditioner
system
run off the same thermostat. The batteries are lose in the holder and if
they disconnect for a fraction of a second the whole program is lost.
I really want a decent programmable thermostat with day and night
settings for heating and colling.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
Eric

How are they if they lose power? Do they remember their programming?
The hunter forgets its programming and time of day at any little glitch,
Also the buttons to set things are nasty, they need to be firmly pressed
and held down for .75 sec or so to see the button press.
What WR model do you recommend? Have you heard of any that you can hook a
laptop to and program it via the laptop?
Eric

Edwin Pawlowski

Eric wrote:

How are they if they lose power? Do they remember their programming?
The hunter forgets its programming and time of day at any little
glitch, Also the buttons to set things are nasty, they need to be
firmly pressed and held down for .75 sec or so to see the button
press.
What WR model do you recommend? Have you heard of any that you can
hook a laptop to and program it via the laptop?
Eric

I have Honeywell (two of them) and I programed them maybe four of five years
ago. Still working and never lost a program; I just change the batteries
every year or two. I don't know anything about hte WR, but they have been
around for many years.

--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Greg O

"Eric" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a decent residential programmable thermostat for
heating and cooling? I've got a Hunter model 44260 and its a piece of
junk!
Its very annoying to program and it blinks various things (symbols and
numbers) that you cant understand without a manual, its a horrible piece
of
crap. I've got a Gas hot air furnace and whole-house air-conditioner
system
run off the same thermostat. The batteries are lose in the holder and if
they disconnect for a fraction of a second the whole program is lost.
I really want a decent programmable thermostat with day and night settings
for heating and colling.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
Eric

Honeywell 8000 series.
Great 'stat, probably have installed a hundred of them!
Greg

Trekking Tom

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:43:05 -0700, Eric wrote:

Can anyone recommend a decent residential programmable thermostat for
heating and cooling? I've got a Hunter model 44260 and its a piece of junk!
Its very annoying to program and it blinks various things (symbols and
numbers) that you cant understand without a manual, its a horrible piece of
crap. I've got a Gas hot air furnace and whole-house air-conditioner system
run off the same thermostat. The batteries are lose in the holder and if
they disconnect for a fraction of a second the whole program is lost.
I really want a decent programmable thermostat with day and night settings
for heating and colling.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
Eric

I have several LUX stats and they are simple and work good. ( I took
a expensive & working Honeywell out for the LUX.

If you have been using those cheap batteries, don't they have very
poor quality control and many times are too small for holders.

Tom

Phisherman

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:43:05 -0700, Eric wrote:

Can anyone recommend a decent residential programmable thermostat for
heating and cooling? I've got a Hunter model 44260 and its a piece of junk!
Its very annoying to program and it blinks various things (symbols and
numbers) that you cant understand without a manual, its a horrible piece of
crap. I've got a Gas hot air furnace and whole-house air-conditioner system
run off the same thermostat. The batteries are lose in the holder and if
they disconnect for a fraction of a second the whole program is lost.
I really want a decent programmable thermostat with day and night settings
for heating and colling.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
Eric