Eric

Default programmable thermostat

RBM wrote:

The three big names are Honeywell, White Rogers, and Robertshaw. All make
decent thermostats of various types and abilities, but my personal
preference is White Rogers, they're reasonably priced unlike Honeywell,
they're fairly easy to program and they last

"Eric" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a decent residential programmable thermostat for
heating and cooling? I've got a Hunter model 44260 and its a piece of
junk!
Its very annoying to program and it blinks various things (symbols and
numbers) that you cant understand without a manual, its a horrible piece
of
crap. I've got a Gas hot air furnace and whole-house air-conditioner
system
run off the same thermostat. The batteries are lose in the holder and if
they disconnect for a fraction of a second the whole program is lost.
I really want a decent programmable thermostat with day and night
settings for heating and colling.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
Eric

How are they if they lose power? Do they remember their programming?
The hunter forgets its programming and time of day at any little glitch,
Also the buttons to set things are nasty, they need to be firmly pressed
and held down for .75 sec or so to see the button press.
What WR model do you recommend? Have you heard of any that you can hook a
laptop to and program it via the laptop?
Eric