J.C.

Default Floor Jack needs hydraulic fluid / question

wrote in message
Thanks for the reply.
Actually, the hole is in the base of the cylinder. Sort of like a
bottle jack laying in it's side. I guess these floor jacks are really
bottle jacks modified to lift the "frame" around them. I guess I will
just fill it as much as I can, and hope for the best. I dont think
too much fluid will damage anything, so I can always drain some out if
needed,

Mark

Once you fill it with fluid, open the valve and pump the handle about 6
times then close the valve. Then pump it all the way up and then release the
valve. Once it stops going down, push on it until it is firmly seated. The
purpose of this exercise is to get all of the air out of the system. You
will know you have all the air out when the jump moves up on the *very first
pump*. If you can't get it to do that, you probably have O ring
deterioration.

--
Some people call this Northeast Hell
We just call it South Texas