BettyM

Default Books and Home Renovation Shows

I am trying to get ideas for exterior/interior home renovation. What
books, magazines and tv shows do you all suggest?

So far my personal favorites are Flip This House and Flip That House.

BettyM wrote:
I am trying to get ideas for exterior/interior home renovation. What
books, magazines and tv shows do you all suggest?

Look at This Old House - tho in the last 10 years
they do major remodels, still they are quite good telling
what's out there. Also Hometime, which is usually better
for modest incomes.

I also like Debbie Travis - Painted House (?), look
at HGTV.com or DIYNET.com, you should find her shows.

As far as books. Depends on what you want to do - kitchens,
bathrooms, bedrooms,etc. Sunset has a great set of books
for each room.

Good luck - money and time is all you need!

MJ Wallace

For magazines, try:

*This Old House (best general, all-around)
*Fine Homebuilding (the most technical, good if you're doing work yourself)
*Inspired House is good for design, colors, products.

I get all three and are very happy with them.

For shows, Hometime is good normal home-owner projects, but very basic. This
Old House is good, but the projects these days are huge and materials a bit
unrealistic for folks with normal budgets. But the advice is sound. In
general, watching HGTV can also give you a lot of ideas---mostly design,
colors, etc.

oups.com...